PDA

View Full Version : This has to do it...

ttabaleulb
03-28-2010, 08:19 PM
If this video doesn't wet the pants of the Fly Guys out there, I'm not sure what will. I HAVE to figure out what this guy does to get those flies to have that action!! You put some rattles in there somewhere and that should be deadly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hy1CzoJtek&feature=player_embedded

Anzomcik
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
If you look when the fly had its close up before he puts it in the pool he has a small clear plastic lip similiar to a crank bait.

That fly looks good in the water!

ThreeRiversEsox
03-29-2010, 07:53 AM
try searching for flylipps, or Chris Windrams shop on google.

ttabaleulb
03-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I actually have a few flies that have similar lips on them. But they have nowhere near that kind of action. Looks like I have some playin to do. I also like the use of the split ring connection to the eye of the hook. That really gives the fly opportunity to move. I'm currently tying my wire directly to the fly. Guess this is as good a time of the year to mess around with this stuff as any.

muskyjerk
03-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Saw a nice fly on Hunt for Big Fish today. A lipped streamer with a dive and rise jerkbait action. You will know it when the host is fishing with a fly rod with a broken tip.

Red Childress
04-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Just saw the same episode. He really has a nice show. One of my favorites for sure.

ttabaleulb
04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Sounds like a cool fly. I have a couple that sound similar. When I strip, the lip causes it to dive a little with a bit of a wiggle. The Pike seemed to like it last year. I have a TON of experimenting to do with different flies this year. I find myself sticking with flies that have seen at least some sort of action and have a bunch that have not even seen water yet.