PDA

View Full Version : Indian Lake Perch

Always Gone
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry, this isn't a report. I saw the ice left the bay on the 25th. I have seen a few boats out there recently...who is going to share........

I saw one boat.... with a big WALLEYES CHOICE logo on the truck pulling it.....a few other logos from sponsors.........i know you read this...what did you catch.....???????

I never made it out this weekend.....I do not like the wind...it pisses me off.....if it blows i do not fish.... Why be miserable while you are fishing? I put the waders on a caught some steelies instead.

SO .....anyone that fishes the BS this spring....feel free to share.

tomjohn
03-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I called a friend of mine that lives on Indian Lake. After the ice is gone the perch fishing is useally pretty good off of Big Spring. He said this year is a little slow because he thinks it's because the ice is gone so early. Just giving my 2 cents worth.

jigrapper
03-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Tom John is right on. This is "extremely early" for the ice to go on Indian Lake and also the lake is "extremely low" due to the dam situation. All this is affecting the fishing. It will be hard to judge and figure out when/where the fish will cooperate. One almost has to just go out until you hit em'....if at all!!!

FYI....ice fishing was lousy for the most part this year for both perch and walleye!

The fishing pawn
03-29-2010, 02:09 PM
If I ever get out there I will let you know. This week is looking good for hitting up some lakes due to the heavy sucker influx in the Manistique River. I wouldn't doubt if the fishing dramatically picks up this week leading into the weekend for lake fishing.

skeeter906
03-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Couple guys I work with went out on Sunday 28th , They had a heck of a time putting a 14ft boat off B.S. landing ,Dock not in yet ,Water real low ,fished all afternoon and NO FISH ! EARLY ??????

tomjohn
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Skeeter...Keep us all updated on the fishing on Indian? I'm sure lots of people are waiting for the perch run. I'm on the Garden Peninsula so if I find them on BBDN I'll keep you posted.

skeeter906
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Going on Wednesday ,(if weather) let ya know

The Bait Shop Guy
03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
The guy you saw doesn't post on here, but he's been doing "OK." He's been back a few times since you saw him, if that tells you anything;)

skeeter906
04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
they are getting quite a few perch now ,Dock is in at big spring landing ,Getting some nice ones with a few small ones also

Always Gone
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Made the first trip over to BS. Got there at 6:00 a.m. Was the 2nd boat to the launch. Water is a little over a foot deep. I used the electric trolling motor to get half way there. Didn't want to mess up my big motor. Saw a few guys pumping sand. I have a 16 foot boat with a 70 horse 4-stroke. I probably could have used it, but didn't want to cause any damage. If your boat is bigger than mine, i would recommend launching at the park.

Instantly we caught a 8 3/4 inch perch. Before we started fishing we agreed upon a 9 inch minimum size limit. That was our biggest perch of the day. Caught a 19 inch walleye (it lived of course). Caught may other small ones. So did the 30 other boats out there. The amazing thing is I didn't see many of those 7 inchers caught by other boats live. They must have a small fillet knife.

Does anyone have a guess as to why the only fish caught that day were small ones? I know people that have caught plenty of 10 + inchers this year.

jigrapper
04-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Been catching lots of small ones. Everything seems to be early this year, so the spawning is probably on the down swing. Past experience has shown that after the bigger spawners drop their eggs----- they leave and mostly what's left are the little ones. Plus low water is having an effect too! Waiting now for the walleye opener....gosh May 15 seems like light years away!!