PDA

View Full Version : Good friday musky..

allegheny river kid
04-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Spent the day fishing with good friend Paul Fec and his son Christian on a PA lake. Trolled most of the day with no action, about 30 mins before we were ready to call it a day my side rod ripped off some line and within 2 mins this fish lay in the bottom of the net. I give more credit to this catch to Paul and Christian then i do myself. This was a team effort to catch this fish, i didn't catch the fish alone, we all caught this fish. The fish took a 5.5 jtd Wiley. The dimensions were 49" by 27.5" girth...Also the fish was successfully released after a few photos and swam away rather impressively if i must say so.

ShutUpNFish
04-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better guy Joel.....great fish and, as always, great fishing with you. I was just glad to have been a part of it. I'm sure Christian was too because he was telling all the kids at his Easter egg hunt today about the "Monster"....they all just looked at him like he was nuts. The beginnings of another muskie maniac!! ha ha ha

Congrats buddy!

Anzomcik
04-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Great lookin fish!! I am glad to hear some people are catching musky. Congrats

Joe M
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Jewel, Congrats on the hog. Also to your captain Paul. I was at Dales today and he was telling me about the fish. What a way to start the season!! See you guys on the water soon.... Joe M

ttabaleulb
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
WOW!!! That is a fantastic fish!! Seeing pics like that makes it just a little easier gettin through those long days knowing that a beast like that might be just a cast away. CONGRATS to all involved!!

Red Childress
04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Just a stud. Period. Congrats to all who had the pleasure!

SportJet120
04-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Congrats on such a super catch. I will so be getting into Musky fishing which I have never done before. What color Wiley would you suggest for me to purchase? Firetiger,BlueFrog, Nine River Bass.... any help would be appreciated Gary

ShutUpNFish
04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd start with a Michigan Perch, you can't go wrong there.

H2O wolf
04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Congrats on a great start and a true Pa hog!

toothyfishman
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
That's a fattie!!!!!! Nice way to start off the year!

Polish_Pike
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Some guys travel a thousand miles for a fish like that. Whatta beautiful giant PA girl. Congratulations.

Ivan
04-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Congrats on a great fish. It's amazing how heavy some of our prespawn muskies get in some PA and OH lakes. That's what you hope for when the rod goes off in the spring.

allegheny river kid
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and congrats..It was truely a fish of lifetime for me. Paul deserves as much if not more of the credit for the catch, just happened to grabbed one of my lines...without him the fish would of never made it to the net...hopefully shes a little bigger next year for someone else to catch and feel the excitement!! Checking my options before i decide who to do the replica.

Joel

Red Childress
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Did you ever decide on the replica??

allegheny river kid
03-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I've decided on Fittante. I had planned to order it after the beginning of the new year until i bought the new to me boat. Until everythings squared away on it i'm gonna hold off on ordering, probably later in the year.

muskie24/7
03-06-2011, 08:43 AM
I like Fittantes work the best too! Hes doing my Big Walleye right now!

Brian