PDA

View Full Version : report and question

Banshee
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
went out Saturday from 8 to 6. caught a ton of small perch on wigglers 1 keeper.caught 11 keepers on minnows one 13 incher all spawned out. southwest of days river 25 fow. my friends minn kota trolling motor is not working it will steer and make a click sound like it wants to run but doesn't any suggestions would be helpful or names of people who work on them.thanks again.

Banshee
04-27-2010, 03:52 PM
i forgot to ask has anyone been bluegill fishing with any luck anywhere?

schmutzomatic 5000
04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Have had contact issues with them. (contacts under top where wires come up from motor through the tube) Terminals (like a battery) will corrode and need cleaning... (remove screws under top and it splits in half) Only issue I have ever dealt with. remove the terminal and clean with a wire brush. Usually happens from sitting over winter... Try helping it start if that fails...good luck.

Naptime
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
My Minn Kota did the same thing and the steering would also intermittently fail. The culprit was the flat blade connector for the foot pedal, I cleaned it really good and added some lubricant (made for trailer connections) and it works fine.

Banshee
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
It ended up to be a problem with the speed control on the foot pedal. thank you for your input.