PDA

View Full Version : Post Spawn Fish

Red Childress
04-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Has anyone caught (what they believe to be) a 2010 post-spawn fish here in PA?

Just curious.

Katmai Kid
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Had a great day wednesday!!! Started out native fishing in the a.m. around Scandia. Late morning we went to the river. Hemlock trib. mouth was windy but good. Fished "the wall" at the dam in the afternoon with lake Erie sized waves soaking us!!! The walleye bite was great! A few days early but still fun!!! All the fish we landed were healthy and spawned out. Not sure if you were talking fish or musky! Good luck this weekend hunting or fishing.

H2O wolf
04-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I caught two smaller fish (26, 31) last week. I'm not sure if those fish were spawners or not but there was a 45 caught yesterday in sw pa that seemed to have some battle scars from spawning.

muskyjerk
04-29-2010, 08:58 AM
No catch to report but while night fishing Wed. April 21 I paddled over a shallow rock section in the river and w/ the moonlight and clear water I saw four muskies hanging out together that I spooked . My best guess was spawning but this instance made me realize I know little of the musky spawn in the river.

Ivan
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I haven't fished PA since 4/11. The muskies we caught that weekend were pre spawn. I did not fish the 17th and 18th. Last weekend we fished Saltfork in OH and we caught a post spawn fish and moved or missed several others. The fish were still all very shallow, though. We also couldn't get anything going trolling except a 20lb flathead. Water temps low 60's there. I also know of at least one post spawn fish caught by friends in PA over the past week or so. I am trying to decide between an OH and a PA lake as a destination this weekend. Trying to figure out if the majority of the fish in my PA choice are done spawning now. We warmed up fast, but then kind of stalled out the past couple weeks. Anyone have a water temp from Pyma this week?
Adam A.

w pa muskie bound
05-11-2010, 02:06 PM
water temp was 57