PDA

View Full Version : BDNGLSF perch derby

The Bait Shop Guy
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Bay de Noc Great Lakes Sports Fishermen Inc. Annual spring perch Derby

Rules -

-May 8th, Kipling boat launch.

-Boat inspection starts at 7:30 AM.

-Team meeting starts at 8:30 with boat launch to follow.

-Fishing starts at 9 AM. No lines in the water before then.

-Boats must be inside Butler’s Island by 3 PM.

-$60 entry fee per boat. Fish by yourself or bring the whole family.

-All anglers must be members of BDNGLSF, (under 16 - free, 16 to 55 -$20, over 55 - $10.)

-Each boat will weigh-in their 10 largest perch.

-Bonus prizes for the largest perch and largest “other” fish, (sucker, carp, trout, etc.)

Come join the Bay de Noc Great Lakes Sports Fishermen club for a fun day perch fishing with your friends and family, and maybe win a little money to boot!

Entry forms will be available at local bait shops. If you have any questions, you can contact tournament director Chris Wahl at (906) 786-1488 or (906) 786-8634.

The Bait Shop Guy
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Canceled due to weather :( Sunday looks great, but with Mother's Day, I know hardly anyone would be able to fish.

Man, that sucks because we just got onto some quality fish, yesterday. Might as well let you all know there are some big perch hanging out in the narrows, now. A buddy of mine found them yesterday morning and pointed me in the right direction. Bruce and I headed out after work last night. Found them in 33 to 38 FOW in really small, tight schools. We caught 16 last night, but only one was a throw-back, with most of them being over 10 inches! Bruce caught the pig of the night. She was over 12 inches, and still full of spawn! He released that one since we had plenty of spawned out fish to eat.

The Bait Shop Guy
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Oops, forgot to add a pic of Bruce's fish.

schmutzomatic 5000
05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow, nice girl.. C'mon Chris turn off the damn wind so I can use up these wigglers in the fridge. Maybe I will have to use them in Yooper Omelette on Mother's Day......hmmm...... ;)

The Bait Shop Guy
05-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Didn't you hear - fair weather fishermen don't get to fish for perch this year :rolleyes:

Well, that may not be entirely true. Don't "omelet-ize" your wigglers just yet, the Mother's Day forecast looks great! After all the activities in the morning, head out fishing in the afternoon. Better yet, load up mom and the kids. There's nothing better for a fun night of fishing with the family than a hot perch bite!:D

jerkbait
05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Nice job guys! Bruce we missed ya at Cat's last night bob was djing and it was my wife Nycoles 30th. Bday... Needless to say we had fun. Chris thanks for the tip I'll be stoppin in Sun. night for some wigglers hope to see you and Bruce on the water. 7 Days n counting!!! Woot Woot...