PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Not much to report on except my client and I saw an awful lot of water yesterday along with a lot of wind. We worked everything from shallow rocks, wood, bogs, deep river channels and only one small eye and several pike to show for our efforts. We even tried a few cribs to no avail, just one of those days. Talked to several anglers who said it was the poorest opening weekend they ever had. Guess that's why they call it fishing.

Back out today to give it another go, will keep you posted.

Musky Mauler
05-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Don,

I remember a time, long ago, when I had a day like that. Uh - - come to think of it, perhaps it happened more than just that one time. :)

Musky Mauler

George G
05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Not much to report on except my client and I saw an awful lot of water yesterday along with a lot of wind. We worked everything from shallow rocks, wood, bogs, deep river channels and only one small eye and several pike to show for our efforts. We even tried a few cribs to no avail, just one of those days. Talked to several anglers who said it was the poorest opening weekend they ever had. Guess that's why they call it fishing.

Back out today to give it another go, will keep you posted.

Welcome back Don, just you posting here once again makes me and I am sure the others that come here to read your news gets rid of the winter blues and have something to focus on. Good day, not so good a day, you still got to go fishing and that's a whole lot more than I can say. Have a nice day.

George
05-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Glad to have you back for another year Don! Here we go again!

ptrain86
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Opening weekend was not the best. We had 6 guys and 4 boats on the horseshoe and had enough for a fish fry, but that was about it. A handful of perch and 8 walleye by Sunday morning. Not sure how they fared after I left Monday late morning... but the wind wasn't fun. However, its amazing that with the water level so low, how people still try to haul arse around.