PDA

View Full Version : May 20 and 21 report

Ty Sennett
05-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I had the same two guys out the last two days. On the 20th mike, Eric and I caught a bunch of crappie and bluegill and then switched to pike and walleye. Funny thing was the pike were basically nonexistent for us. We caught some nice walleyes though. I think we caught 10 or 12 walleye. We kept some of the 15-19 inchers and threw back the rest. One was a nice one. I should have taken a picture. Looked to be about 21 or 22 inches.

Yesterday we fished for smallies and caught quite a few. I know we caught at least 50 but I couldn't be sure how many. I think Mike and Eric probably doubled up on smallmouth about twenty times at least. If you told me we caught 70 or 80 it wouldn't surprise me. The largest were some 19 inchers. We never did catch any 20 inch fish. I'd guess most of the fish we caught were smaller males in the 12 to 15 inch range but we still a blast.

TheHobbits
05-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Ty, if ya dont mind my asking, what were you catching the smallies on, live bait, or lures, and if lures, what kind ?
Thanks
TheHobbits

Ty Sennett
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
We were catching the smallies on a lot of different lures but in general anything that would move slowly through the shallows would work well. Plastic worms rigged wacky style were really good. I'd say try something rigged weedless and move it slowly and you will catch them.