PDA

View Full Version : may 25th and 26th report

Ty Sennett
05-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I fished with Matt Dolezal the last two days. We fished smallmouth bass and walleye with a few largemouth bass thrown in also. We caught quite a few smallmouth on the 25th and caught some nice walleye right at dark. Tyler Treeland came with for the walleye fishing and he caught a 22 incher.

Yesterday we went to Round Lake and it was pretty tough to get those bass to hit anything. We caught and lost quite a few but for the most part those fish were not going very good. We came back out to the Chip and caught quite a few walleye in the 15 to 19 inch range. They were hitting pretty good for a while. I think we could have caught them all night long. We caught the walleye on shad raps, husky jerks, lucky craft cranks, floating rapalas, and probably the most on ring worms. In other words, they were hitting pretty much anything.

I'll get some pictures up pretty soon.

Mark Benson
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Ty:

How were you fishing the ringworms???

I was out on the Flambeau Chain last night and did decent on the weed walleyes, mostly floating slips and casting a jig w/crawlers/leeches. Crawlers seemed to be the better of the two. At the bewitching hour we switched to cranks and picked up one 18.5" keeper, one 17" smallie, had a few hits and a couple of fish come unbuttoned. Water temps ranged from 72* on smaller lakes we passed through to 66* on the bigger ones.

The night before I was on one of the Arbs, managed a dozen decent crappies 9"-11" and one legal over 14" 'eye. Water temps were 72* there as well

Mark

Keith M
05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Ty. I'm comming up with a buddy for the week or so on monday(mem day) Let me know if you have any free time to get out together durring the week. How long is matt up for? give me a call and let me know when and where to grab that rod from you, thanks , Keith....... (Jodi says HI!)

Ty Sennett
05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Mark, we were using the ringworms rigged on a long shank jig. The jig is a 4 inch tube insert. You'd be surprised how well they work. Read the fishing report I'm about to put up. We crushed the walleye on them a couple days ago.