PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tamerak

muskie24/7
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Has anyone fished or heard reports on the bite at Lake Tamerak? I haven't heard much about it this year!

Thanks...Brian

Powerslave
05-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Done well there this Spring Brian, but now Im docked in the river all Summer & wont travel North until Fall again.

H2O wolf
05-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Heard there were a bunch of dead crappies found there just like Pymatuning... I wonder whats going on? Anyone else hear reports like that?

lowbidder
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Yep... stonewall Jackson too.

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=80587

WV dep decided not to issue a "do not consume" warning on the crappie. Honestly... would you each a crappie with a giant brown bacteria lesion?

MuskyBob2
05-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Hi Guys, Have not posted in a while. I spent 12 hours with a buddy on Tamarac Saturday. Thousands, and I mean thousands of dead crappie all over the lake. I would ballpark 10 per acre times 500 acres= 5000 dead. Saw a much smaller number of dead bluegills. Most panfish 3 to 7 inch range. Also 7 dead musky. All looked to be mid to hi 30's in length. Around 8am I called the BFBC and they were already aware. Same thing is happening on Pymy and a couple of WV lakes. Spoke to fish warden at dock as he was posting do not eat advisory posters. They dont know what is happening and said water and fish samples were sent to Cornell University. VHS, Asian Carp, our ecosystem is fragile and I am very concerned. Fished sunrise to sundown and not a so much as a follow. Very unusual if you know how to hunt this wonderful lake. Around 4pm saw a big bald eagle swoop down on the lake and take one of the dead fish and up to a tree. OMG !!! Also, the weed growth is a fraction of what it usually is this time of year and the typical very brown stained water color of the lake is now a dark tinted green. Visibilty of a bright lure has typically been about 1 foot, now it is about 3 feet. Very noticable changes happening to one of my favorite musky waters.On a positive note, spent 3 days at Cave Run 2 weeks ago. Hooked 4 but only landed one of them. 45 in. Great lake if you dont mind the drive. Garrick, hope Red puts you and your boy on a big one tomorrow.