PDA

View Full Version : Bridge

Evinrude1972
05-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Stayed in the Lake Bastine area for the past 6 years but have decided to change it up a bit this year. Rented a cabin around Norway point. Covering areas on the northside of big island was a quick ride since it's an easy northeast ride past pink rock. Still want to cover those areas but was wondering if the waterway under the bridge is passable to get out of Merckle Lake. Last time I was in that area, which was about 3 years ago, it was nothing but muck with the flowage being 6-7 feet below full pool. None of the piers were even in the water. Hope someone can answer so I don't have to find out the hard way next week. Thanks!

Flambeau dreamer
05-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I have a 16 foot mirrorcraft.... I was up from 5/21 through 5/29.
The bridge was ok, but the areas leading to the bridge were way too shallow.
I got out and pushed the boat five different times before giving up and then had to push it five more times just to get out.
I would have to say that it is too shallow.
I hope this helps.
chris

George
06-01-2010, 02:09 PM
The trip under the bridge is beginning to sound more like a portage.

Evinrude 1972...If you plan on going through Merkle to get to the Turtle side of the flowage be very careful. We used to have a nickname for the entrance to Merkle from the Flambeau side...Propeller Alley. And trust me...I have proven it on several occasions!

Mark From IL
06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
The trip under the bridge is beginning to sound more like a portage.

Evinrude 1972...If you plan on going through Merkle to get to the Turtle side of the flowage be very careful. We used to have a nickname for the entrance to Merkle from the Flambeau side...Propeller Alley. And trust me...I have proven it on several occasions!

IM A WITNESS!