PDA

View Full Version : Catch and Release really works!!!!

toothyfishman
06-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Saturday I had a chance to see Stu's released 50" incher in the river.
Healthy as ever, I ended up spooking it when the boat floated over it.

Little history, I booked a 1/2 day trip with Red in 04' or 05' to cut my learning curve a bit (wise choice) I fished the river hard then, since expanding out and fishing other waters and now buying a new lake boat I mainly fish the river in the winter or once in awhile in the spring/summer so when I am out I always give Red a buzz and let him know what I see and where since he helped me out back in the day I feel I owe him that. Plus we've come pretty good friends since then. I hope that over the years what I've seen and mentioned to him might of got him an extra fish or two over the years.

Long story short I explain this TANK that I saw to him over the phone and there is this big long pause and silence on the phone.....Ah, yea that is Stu's fish we released last weekend right in the same spot we caught him is where you explained to a "T"......I was keeping that to myself but since you seen him that is the fish........I had to laugh.

None of that matters other than how inportant it is to release these big fish, if you want a mount get a replicia made!!!!!

She swims still to grow even bigger.
Red was positive that it released good as they had no problems and was quick but was glad it was spotted and okay.

Let'em go boys, let'em grow!!!

Trauts
06-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Saturday I had a chance to see Stu's released 50" incher in the river.
Healthy as ever, I ended up spooking it when the boat floated over it.

Little history, I booked a 1/2 day trip with Red in 04' or 05' to cut my learning curve a bit (wise choice) I fished the river hard then, since expanding out and fishing other waters and now buying a new lake boat I mainly fish the river in the winter or once in awhile in the spring/summer so when I am out I always give Red a buzz and let him know what I see and where since he helped me out back in the day I feel I owe him that. Plus we've come pretty good friends since then. I hope that over the years what I've seen and mentioned to him might of got him an extra fish or two over the years.

Long story short I explain this TANK that I saw to him over the phone and there is this big long pause and silence on the phone.....Ah, yea that is Stu's fish we released last weekend right in the same spot we caught him is where you explained to a "T"......I was keeping that to myself but since you seen him that is the fish........I had to laugh.

None of that matters other than how inportant it is to release these big fish, if you want a mount get a replicia made!!!!!

She swims still to grow even bigger.
Red was positive that it released good as they had no problems and was quick but was glad it was spotted and okay.

Let'em go boys, let'em grow!!!

Can I get an AMEN? I want to go get her when she is 55 inches long!

If you are going to aim, I figure aim high! My dad used to tell me...Shoot for the eagle, bag the pheasnt and you will never eat crow!

Good to hear she is still cruisin! Hope she is healing well from the spawn and grows nice and FAT!