PDA

View Full Version : allegheny and double cowgirls?

McDunnoftheAllegheny
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
i was wondering how many guys here haved used double cowgirls or similar style baits in the riverand what kind of success rate you have, i have had good luck with them and showgirls but alot of people I talk to haven't caught a fish or even had a follow with them.

Anzomcik
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
You can place me in the group of no luck. For me in general i have very little success with inlines of anykind. I feel i have put my time in with the dc10s but at least in PA no luck. Ask me about Minnesota then its a different story...

McDunnoftheAllegheny
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
huh maybe I'm doing something different i use the showgirls alot and I crank them in as fast as I can and it works.....

Anzomcik
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I also use showgirls, all i can get is small pike and bowfin.Just like you i burn them as fast as i can go.

muskyjerk
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a spinnerbait with double 10's and have had follows (Burning retrieve). They say strikes come right away or on the 8. The kayak limits my figure 8 ability.

allegheny river kid
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I've done real well with double cowgirl style baits the past 2 seasons on the lower allegheny. Most fish seem to eat them on the 8 for me. Double showgirls have caught me some fish too, just gotta burn themto get the fish to react to them.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
about minnesota... I might be going for a week this summer.

Red Childress
06-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Personally, I have not faired well while burning any type of inline baits. We get a few fish each year with them fishing them "low and slow" but really do not throw them unless it is at night. Deeper running spinnerbaits have out performed burning the DC's significantly so my boat rarely throws the DC's anymore. If we do throw them, we fish them slower.

We are usually geared for the neutral and negative fish with the "suicidal" fish eating anything that comes relatively close to them anyway. Fishing on or just below the surface in this clear water is a tough sell most of the time, at least for me.

Red Childress
06-15-2010, 01:15 PM
After seeing/hearing one of Larry Dahlberg's shows, if guys in my boat were throwing DC's I would absolutely have someone using a single bladed-inline as well. The sound produced by each of those style baits is amazingly different.

Just my .02 cents.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
06-15-2010, 10:11 PM
yea the inlines definetly don't even come close to matching the action I get from other baits but sometimes they get em!