PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
06-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Monday's walleye action slowed down a bit compared to Sunday's action, but the pike sure didn't slow down one bit. With a cool NE wind blowing, my 2 clients and I worked the wind blown shorelines that contained both coontail and wood with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or medium fatheads. Doing just a half day trip, we worked as many areas as possible and came up with 3 eyes and countless numbers of small pike and several bite offs. Anyone who wants to take their child on a pike catching trip, this year is the time to do it, I have never run into as many pike as we are seeing this year, they are everywhere and just about all of them are the same size, 15 and 16 inchers. Light tackle with a short leader and a Mister Twister rig will get you all the pike you want. Not the type of fish for a fish fry, but lot's of action.

Back out on Wednesday, will keep you posted.

mikesgotone
06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Once you figure out how to eat em, those pike are quite tasty. The bigger they are the easier it gets.

Black Tuffy
06-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi Don

It was a great pleasure to finally meet you in person. The fish stories we shared over a few beers and knowing we shared the same experiences about.....you know....was priceless. My wife and I also enjoyed meeting your wife....the four of us could have had quite a hoot together if there would have been time. I highly recommend hiring Don to anyone that is fishing the flowage....whether it is your first time or you are a seasoned angler. You will gain knowledge of locations, seasonal patterns and most of all safe routes that would take years to learn. Last but not least a person with a geat personality and desire to make your fishing experience one to remember.

Don...although we only met a couple of times it felt like we had known each other for years.

Take care and I will have one tonight hoping you have a very successful year.

Rich and Cher

Don Pemble
06-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Rich & Cher,

It was also very nice meeting you and Cher, both my wife and I had a great time sharing stories and sharing a few cold ones together. Like you say, it would have been nice to spend more time sharing stories and info, along with a few more cold ones, but there is always the next time.

Till the next time, take care and see you on the water.