PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
06-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Both Wednesday and Thursday are days one would really not like to make a fishing report on, but there are good days and then there are bad. With north winds on Wednesday, and southeast on Thursday, my client and I worked all types of wind blown shorelines with coontail and wood with both crawlers and minnows and really came up short on both days. It's not that the walleye took both days off, but we were hard pressed to even land a pike, now thats tough going. We tried all different depths and bottom structures, tried drifting and vertical jigging, even tried drifting with spinner rigs tipped with half crawler or minnow and could not entice old marble eyes. We did manage to get a few eyes along with a couple of smallies and maybe 6 pike during the two days.

Back out today and hoping for much better results, will keep you posted.

DonH
06-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow. Talk about tough fishing! With all the spots you know of and to have that little success had to be frustrating.

Our group hired Don last spring for a full day. Since we had 3 boats, we split the day into 3 sections and Don showed us a bunch of spots. He showed every boat different areas and techniques.

We even caught fish on a spot he didn't fish with us but just mentioned as we were traveling from one spot to another. As we were motoring to the island we were using to transfer guys into and out of Don's boat, he pointed to a small pile of brush and said drifting between that and the shoreline can be good. We tried it and I caught a 19" on our 2nd pass. We stayed there the rest of the afternoon and caught several nice fish.

He definitely knows his stuff and the flowage, so if he's not bringing in fish, maybe it's time for some cribbage.