PDA

View Full Version : yough river fish kill

joel
06-21-2010, 02:57 PM
was wondering if anybody heard about this? i live on the river and heard reports of hundreds of carp,suckers,white bass, and 1 muskie dead.just trying to find out more info about this. thanks

lowbidder
06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
I have not heard this, but I can tell you I was out friday when the water was gin clear and saw tons of carp, suckers, catfish, smallies and unfortunately only 1 musky.

Unless it happened after friday or downstream of Cedar Creek, I would say it's false. Let's hope so.

lowbidder
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Come to think of it I did see one small sucker floating, but I didn't think much of it because I saw so many active, healthy suckers.

toothyfishman
06-22-2010, 08:14 AM
My dad has been chasing bass over the weekend in the Emelton area and didn't mention anything about it. He lives close to there, I'm sure he would of mentioned it.

Sorry........I missed it wasn't on the Allegheny...idiot.

joel
06-22-2010, 08:32 AM
people i know that floated the river sunday said there was dead fish from dawson pa to layton. it is unfortunately true. im just trying to find out more info. hope it doesnt turn out like dunkard creek. it might be the new sewage plant in dawson mixing the chemicals too strong. lets hope its something minor.