PDA

View Full Version : Might get bumpy today up that way

NETim
06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Today
Partly sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds...large hail and heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

We're gettin' flooded again today. :( Highways closed again to town.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=oak%20island%20mn&wuSelect=WEATHER

Frank Walsh
06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
We have been spared from every nasty forecast this week.

fishwizard
06-24-2010, 02:07 PM
LOTW forecasts must come from Minneapolis Meteorologists, because they're about as accurate as Al Gore logic. Well despite the low water spring, maybe this summer will be a fairly normal weather and water condition season. I use the term normal very lightly, since the definition is user dependent. As in, normal... ice out date, water levels, water temps, weed growth, bloom cover, and ice up date.

Ok, so no matter what it is like, barring volcanic ash and collapsing ice bergs, I’m ready to be heading north.

Ryan

dpear
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
'Up here' and 'normal' =the ultimate oxymoron.

fishwizard
06-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm expecting the rest of the season to be textbook. I just got my new Winch in the mail today, and as much as I never thought that I'd stray from the "Gold Side", that thing is sweeeeet. Now we'll see if it can hold up as well as it looks.

dpear
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Wizard,
I'm on my second year with the Winch.So far so good-and you're right,its sweet.
On topic,bumpy weather everywhere last night in this region I think.Sure was here in SoDak.Radar looked like the Angle was interesting and I see NW Iowa got 9 inches of rain some places.Your buddies,Shannon and Randy can probably boat up now.
Back to the Angle and Frankies world tonight or tomorrow,the 'honey do' list is about done,now thats SWEET!

ranjo
07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi Dick,Ryan It's not the rain thats getting us here, more like the prairie breeze, had an F-4 tornado slide by my house, probably a mile away.Pure devastation, picked up three cars while they were driving down Hwy 60, fortunately the worst injury was a broken leg,many farms were a total loss,the rain is worse about 50 miles south.See ya on the 10th Randy