PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
06-23-2010, 06:24 AM
After Monday's heavy rain (3 plus inches), Tuesday's walleye action took a real nose dive, but the smallies were on a great bite. My client and I worked all day for walleye and the only 2 we saw got off at the boat. Using Reeves weedless jigs along with slip bobber rigs tipped with either half crawler or leeches, we pounded all the shallow wood and coontail we could find and came up with 20 plus smallies, several of which were over 15 inches. We also boated many small pike along with a good number of gills and perch. I would have to say that the majority of the smallies came on the leeches. Also, most of the smallies were taken by either hanging the bait over the side of the boat or on the slipbobber rigs, they wern't in the mood to chase a bait. The reason the smallies are in the shallows is because the young of the year perch are shallow and they are easy pickins for any predator fish.

Today's trip cancelled due to more rain and thunder storms, hopefully back out on Thursday, will keep you posted.