PDA

View Full Version : Might Want To Plan A Different Route

Frank Walsh
06-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Highway 11 construction from Frontier Landing to Indus began June 21-Detour planned, public information meeting set for June 23
Login or register to post comments

Motorists will encounter lane restrictions, reduced speeds and a detour as construction and a bridge replacement project begins Monday, June 21, on Highway 11 from Frontier Landing to Indus along the U.S. and Canadian border.
Area residents, business owners and interested individuals are invited to a public information meeting set for Wednesday, June 23, at 7 p.m. to be held at the Birchdale Community Center.
The project is part of a multi-year effort to improve the Highway 11 corridor in an area where route options are extremely limited.
The project consists of grading, bituminous milling and reclamation, shoulder widening, turn lanes, overlay, culvert and bridge replacements.
A detour will be in place for the duration of the project. Eastbound traffic will be directed south on Highway 72 to Highway 1, east on Highway 1 to Highway 71 north. Westbound traffic will follow the same detour in reverse.
Access to residences and businesses in the construction zone will be maintained.
The project is expected to be complete early November.
For more information on road conditions and construction, click on www.511mn.org or call 5-1-1.

Muskie Junkie
06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Frank based on what I am seeing, as long as we come up Highway 72 we should be able to avoid this road construction. Thanks for sharing.

Steve :)

Frank Walsh
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Most come up 72, but some still like to come from I-Falls.

fishwizard
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
That detour is a pretty serious jaunt out of the way. I'm glad I come up from the west. But if I didn't I might take my chances with the lane closures and slow downs if I had to come from the east. From the south I'd definitely take the 72 route up, and I'm guessing with the detour they're going to be patrolling that stretch a little better. Which I guess means less doing a 100mph, pulling a boat. :rolleyes: Between Black Duck and Baudette sure is a fun drive.

Ryan