PDA

View Full Version : For Whom The Bell Tolls.......2010

Frank Walsh
06-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Steve Earhart with the second 50 of the season. A 50 1/2".

Credit for the first one goes to Tim Grzybowski, but I still need to get his chip.

cattail
06-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Frankie,
have them bums call me. Super deal for Steve.... I envious.
Greg

Goranson
06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Frank,
Please tell Tim G. contrats on being the first bell ringer of the season from his fishin buddies back home. I have access to that chip of Tim's, maybe we could negociate a little cabin rental time?

BKJ

dpear
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Well my old eyes have required that I pull the measuring stick out three times in the last 3 days.None of the 3 quite 'measured up'.
Today I was required to pull it out 3 times again.All 3 measured up.YES,all 3.
So:DING,DING,DING.
First time in 40 years.Have had double 50s a couple times,have had 3 in my boat in one day one time,but never caught 3 myself before.Still shaking-off to bed,it's noon.

Figure8Phil
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Congratulations DP! That is one heck of an accomplishment! Thanks for posting about the boys. Sounds like the Flatties are in for a great week.

musky1969
07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
And you posted it by 12:30 ish, comon where's the pictures ;) Congrats and it was the Minn. side correct. Because you can only do that in Minn. not Canada and you did it all before the sun come up. LOL
Darren

RASPUTIN
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
WOW!!! Congrats, Dick! Yes, we want pictures.
Cindy and Bill

dpear
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeh,will get some pics up.The usual horrible self portrait deals-which I'm trying to quit doing but 'ego' got in the way again.Hopefully the 52 pics show up well-a truly beautiful fish!
I didn't chance losing them with my skills and my new computer the Boss brought me so Frank downloaded them but they're still upside down etc so will try get him to post a few tomorrow when I get in.
Tried to go out again and the ol body just lasted an hour.Rascal and I are staying in and pigging on chips and other assorted goodies that are 'no-nos' for me when a certain person is around.Did get a 24 hour reprieve so have tomorrow to fish as well-before the storm if the body permits.
Darren,only one was early(about 5 AM),one was about 8:30 and the other about 11.None really correlated with anything except the 1st was close to sunrise.I lost another and caught a 36 incher mid morning as well.I'll double check camera times to be sure-I know Steve R checked those times on my camera closely when I showed him.:)Weather and water temps are the key I suspect.

Tim Kelly
07-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Spectacular catch Mr P! Has Frank owned up to any yet this summer?

dpear
07-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Not yet-but you never know.I know he has some big uns.

Frank Walsh
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Done. For the photographically challenged..............

dpear
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Ok,I admit I'm photo challenged in many respects but even Frank couldn't make it work on my computer.He graciously agreed to go home and post these from his computer.
Let me try make sense of these a bit.
The first and last(sun faded one)are of a flat measured 52 that was heavy and gorgeous unlike the pics.A shame.
The second pic,pre-sunrise pic,was the first of the day and about the heaviest proportionately but unfortunately that doesn't show.It was the only pic taken of that fish cause of set up time and delay.I'm bent down because I could see the camera/tripod was pointed low but was not going back to the net and starting over.
The other 2 pics(blue Frabil shirt on)was the second of the day and just a nice 51-not overly heavy.
I appologize for the pic quality but its what I have to deal with alone.Net the fish,secure the net,set up camera,hit 'timer',then have 10 seconds to get the fish out of the net and try get it in view before the camera goes off.Too hard on the fish,have to quit doing this.

esoxjunkie
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Amazing! Congrats Dick, that is incredible!

Either of the Iowa boys, or team fishwizard rung the bell yet?

dpear
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Jamie.My pics are a shame but....The 52 was truly perfect.the 51 had about the biggest head I've seen on anything under 53-54 yet none of this shows.A shame.
I think all of them are doing pretty well but no 'ringers' yet.Will try find out for you.

ScruggsBay54
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Congratulations Dick, awesome fish. I have one question, have you been fishin in my favorite spot again. I only know one spot that produces fish like that.

dpear
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Tim,
Ha,good one.Haven't been there in a long time but bet plenty of your friends have-or are there right now minutes before the storm hits.Wish I was there right now!

RASPUTIN
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Great to see the pictures even if we have to use our imaginations and read the descriptions that explain them. I'm totally impressed that you can use a tripod and timer. I'm still working on getting something to post on the website from my computer. Maybe we have the same computer issues. Frank's trying to give me instructions, but I don't have time to play with it tonight.
Cindy

Rocco
07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Congrats Dick

As I sit here at work getting agrivated by 7:30A.M. already and await my trip leaving to the Baystore in 9 days I can imagine what that would be like to be able to accomplish somethinbg like that some day. That is truely awesome! Now you have to try for 4. Hopefully we'll see you up there the 24th- 31st

Rocco Bratta

AndrewH
07-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Congrats Dick

I can't Imagine catching 2 50's in a day never mind 3 in a morning. WOW.
Great job in getting all 3 in the net by yourself.

Andrew

jhillman17
07-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Good Looking Fish Dick, is that a black pom-pom in the first pic? You doing dance's for your muskies these days?

I hope I have 1/3 the luck you did when i get up there mid-august. I've been coming up to the angle from indiana every year since I spent a summer working at Northwest Angle Resort back in 2000. Biggest to date is 47, but i'm gonna try to talk my dad into doing more muskie fiishing this year instead of walleyes.

Keep catching'em, but save atleast one for me!

dpear
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys.J I dance or do whatever it takes.:)
Andrew,you bring up a good point on the net.I've lost plenty trying-fish and nets.See the DVD.:(
I'm heading out for home in a few minutes but god willing Rocco I'll be here when you arrive.
Good fishing all!

Lisa
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Way to go Dick! I'd like to volunteer to be your photographer--what a thrill it would be! What a MORNING of fishing! Maybe the muskies will get a rest now that your heading to SD for a few days!

dpear
07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Lisa,
Congrats on your great fish.I need a photograher for sure.Right now I need a hay baler to do our lawn at home though.

Figure8Phil
07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Congrats to Jerry Oestreich (Flatlander) on his new PB . . . 51 1/16"
He and his partner Wally Haas are having a great trip!

ScruggsBay54
07-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Nice job on the bell ringer Jerry. You still have time brake your PB before you come home. Flatlanders are havin a good trip, nice job guys.

Tim Kelly
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Go Jerry Go Jerry Go Jerry!

Scoop17
07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I hope this works. I haven't uploaded images to this site yet.

Frank Walsh
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
You mean 51 1/16". Don't you????

Scoop17
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
You're right, Frank. The fish was longer than 51. It was a thrill to net that monster. I hope I get more chances to net (and catch) fish that big next year.

Scoop17
07-20-2010, 10:59 AM
You're right, Frank. The fish stretched past the 51-inch mark. I hope I get a chance to net (and catch) fish that big next year.

Frank Walsh
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I hope Jerry get's that chance to net the big one!

dpear
07-20-2010, 09:47 PM
The bad news?Lost what would have been my PB hybrid this morning.One of those half in/-half/out net deals.

The good news?DING tonight.:)

Scoop17
07-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Dick, if you ever need a netman, Jerry O can vouch for me.

dpear
07-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Scoop,
We should do it sometime.I'll net,you fish.
Crazy year but DING again.A big one-about 7:40 this AM.:)
I have the usual pics but on the one last nite Frank said I was getting better.Hopefully the same on the one this morning.He's guiding today so not around to download the pics.Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
Not feeling too well so came in and going to bed.LOTS of fish caught yesterday I just heard including a 49.5 by Normie Wild.Tyler Scott had about 4 including a 47.

Tim Kelly
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Any beaver action for the Normster yet?

ahem...

ScruggsBay54
07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Nice job Dick, Can't wait to see the pictures. I still think your fishin in my favorite spot though.

dpear
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Tim,
Actually haven't been but heard today that a guest went there and there were 2 boats in there.????
Frank still out guiding and I'm taking Jake for a longggg ride early tomorrow so off to bed.Pics hopefully tomorrow now.I don't think he's guiding.

dpear
07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Frankie resized etc.Thanks Frankie.

ScruggsBay54
07-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Nice job Dick, can't wait to see the pictures. I still think your fishin in my favorite spot though. Any news how Darrin and Carol are doing.

dpear
07-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Talked to them briefly on the dock today before heading to Youngs Bay.A few fish I believe with big sightings only.Think they just arrived though.
Can't remember more 48s and 49s caught than today.Maybe three 49.5s before noon???Suspect more bell ringing tonight.Woke me up last nite.Rain,lightning and wind right now has many in camp this afternoon though.Hope to get out an hour or 2 this evening.

Frank Walsh
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Dave's 50 1/2".

dpear
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
My buddy Matt arrived.20 minutes into his trip he gets a decent one.20 minutes later as I'm in the process of losing one he gets a 50.
He was very happy with me til I couldn't find my camera-which was on the counter at home after I had Frank download my pics.:) :(

Frank Walsh
07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Leave it to me to come up with the photo............

Tim Kelly
07-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Surely more like this Frank?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/Tim--Kelly/Dickspic.jpg

Frank Walsh
07-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Who needs the "cropping" feature anyway????

jhillman17
07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Sheesh dick, this is getting a little unfair! Not only have I never caught a 50, but I have to sit at my desk and see pics of all these beautiful fish!!!!

I'll be up the week of Aug 16th, staying at youngs bay... you just let me know if you need net help or camera help. I think i'm pretty good at taking pics with the whole fish in them:)

fishwizard
07-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Mr. Kelly,
Now that was truly hilarious.

Mr. Pearson,
At least you didn't knock it off with the net. Wait, for all intents and purpose is there a difference?

Frank Walsh
07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Paul & Marty with back to back biggies. On their last day mind you.

dpear
07-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Well we went out this morning.DING.DING.
The camera gods got even with me a bit.Got a nice one and had the opportunity to get decent pics and the camera went dead(batteries).Here's mine.
Then Matt scored again and new batteries worked well.Here's his.I kind of redeemed myself from last nite.Which is bigger?
Mine by and inch and a half and a few pounds.Its all in the photos folks.:)
I also got a 45 inch 'albino'that I'll post on later.Neat.White,small beady white eyes.
Great Day!!!
Good fishing!!!

Frank Walsh
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Tim G. and Bryan Bartz from earlier this season.

DBLANCK
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow! Great job up there guys! Looks like everyone is having some great fishing these last couple of weeks. Dick, it looks like you have been on fire lately! Ruhmann told everyone at the meeting the other night the story about the morning you got the 3 over 50" and didn't know what to do with yourself. What a great problem to try and figure out, right! Congratulations guys! You're all living the dream right now!

dpear
07-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey Dan,thanks.Its been quite a ride lately.We slept today,pigged out a bit,hired a local guide with a white Ranger,white motor,white hat,and black soul for a short evening trip.Out an hour or two and Matt got a beauty 49.I just can't keep up with the young guys anymore.Think I'm just around to net and tip the guides.
Don't want to steal any thunder but lots of nice fish caught today!The Vets should be in for a treat if this continues.
We are heading for Morson tomorrow to attend an event for Jack Burns and intend to fish a few of his favorite spots on the way to share some stories from the past.A long ride and a sad day I suppose but somehow comforting as well.
Good fishing.

DBLANCK
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds great. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about more great fish. I think I know what local guide you're talking about. He's pretty good despite the way that he flamboyantly matches his hat with the color of his boat! ;) Keep it up guys!

dpear
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Well Matt and I got up early and left for Morson to attend the Jack Burns memory get together.Very nice.Very touching.Very thought provoking.
We intended to fish as many Jack spots as possible on the way and at the first spot I,with my lucky streak,got a nice one.So DING!
We intend to get a photo of the fish and send it to Jacks wife with some of our mutual thoughts about Jack.
After the get together and some reflection about concerns I've had I've decided this is my last Ding photo.
Please note,this is a personal thing and has no reflection on pics,this thread,postings,whatever.
Good fishing and 'DINGING' to all.
Dick

RASPUTIN
07-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I for one will miss your ding photos, but appreciate the effort it takes to get them if fishing solo. At least this final one is a beauty of a fish and holder looks relaxed and happy. Good work, Matt!
But do keep us posted on those you are catching even without the photos, it keeps us dreaming about our next visit to LOTW.
Cindy

dpear
07-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks Cindy.
Ran into Butch Zens on the water this evening and he asked me to ring the bell for him so I did.He got a 51 today.Congrats Butch!
He and Wendy are friends of Bay Store and have a friend ill back home in New Mexico so aren't spending much time here right now.

jimmyb
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
WOW, what a year. I've got 2 bell ringers in my boat this season. Bob Parzy with his personal "Best" a 50 1/4,his first over 50. And Perry Peterson with a monster 53"er. Not only his personal "Best" but my boat "Best" as well.
As soon as I can figure out how to resize and attach the photos I'll post them.
Can't wait till next week for the Vets.

dpear
07-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi.I see this thread has been quiet lately.Not because of fish,just that all are so busy.Op M,guiding,the usual July chaos.
I've caught another nice one and a few near misses as have a number of guests.
I know of 2 recent dingers that will soon be posted I'm sure.Maybe more.Stay tuned.
Good fishing.

JBlanck
07-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Dick

Congratulations on a great season for you so far...as well as all the others ringing the bell! Keep up the good work and the posts of those catching. Everyone loves to hear about them. LOTW is putting out some beauties! Good luck the rest of the season.

Jeff

dpear
07-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks Jeff.
Hectic here now with Op M set up etc.Guides arriving and at least one caught a 50 today-so far.
Will try post occ as Op M goes along.
Off to bed.

YOOOP
07-31-2010, 09:05 PM
We can't wait for pics. Hats off to all there that have served so graciously!

Endless thanks - it's our freedom that lets us be on the water with good fiends and family,

If it wasn't for them we'd never know what this is like to fish for muskies, or any species.

What else can I say other than "THANKS TO ALL VETS EVERYWHERE".

Bruce

Frank Walsh
08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Darren's & Mary's fish from last week.

musky1969
08-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Way to quiet over here :(

dpear
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Darren,
I'm home getting goosed but heard there will be a new pic/post here soon.

musky1969
08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Shhh still toooo quiet :rolleyes: I am board. Can not wait tell Oct.:D

dpear
08-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Darren,
I'm still goosing but think more than one pic will show up soon-according to what a lil birdie told me.

dpear
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Darren,
I see a few pics still aren't up here yet.You'd think the owner and others like Lambeau that have all the computer skills could 'get er done' instead of picking on old retirees like me.
What happened to the Op M 50s?They sure should be here.Heck even Wiegands blind,caged,diseased and dying 52 ought to be here.
Sad in SoDak.

musky1969
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
It's crazy is the guy who runs this place on vacation or something??? I heard Ken K got a good one & would like to see it & there where a couple of crazy guys that made lures at one point that where just up there I think. Where are the fishing reports ;).

jkwiegand
08-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Mr Pearson,

Another fish I caught was the dumb, blind and diseased muskie... not that monster I caught.

If I remember correctly, you wisely pointed out a very good fishing spot for me that paid off BIG time!

Are you inferring that you led me to one of your secret spots full of diseased and handicapped fish? Seems like I detect a trend in your spot selections. I don't recall that on your video... "look for the spots inhabited by disabled fish!"

My feeling are hurt. Please go to the attached link for the hurt feelings report report. I intend to file it promptly with the owners of Walsh's Bay Store Camp!

http://www.armywriter.com/DoD_FORM_IMT_WF11.pdf

lambeau
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
i'll post a bunch of pics tonight!

lambeau
08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Op Muskie veterans Matt Symon and Bill Scherling with a couple of bell-worthy esox...

lambeau
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Jeff Wiegand's large walleye

dpear
08-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks Mike.
Thank you Jeff as well.I can use that 'hurt feelings' report form often on this site.For instance,on the abuse I've taken in the Flipper thread.
I certainly don't want to restrain you from filing your report with the Walsh's of Baystore(sort of like the Lloyds of London)but consider filing it with Laura only.You may get sympathy there,certainly not from the cold,hardheaded other half.

lambeau
08-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Chad Cain's "fleet" fish...

dpear
08-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Wow,I see the pics came up as I was typing.SWEET!!!!!!!That is,the Op M Vet pics are sweet.Not the walleye one.

fishwizard
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Pretty hard to guess where Chad's fish came from. Unless I'm imagining things, which is always likely.

Ryan

jkwiegand
08-26-2010, 10:35 PM
I think my good friend Norm needs a wide angle lens. That fish is too long to fit in the view of normal cameras. If I recall, I remember Norm standing as far away as possible, balancing on his trolling motor, and the fish still didn't fit in the view!

musky1969
08-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the pics. Mike I am glad someone still cares to take care of this thread. LOL
Darren

musky1969
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Well I guess this thread is dead until we get up there on Oct.23rd ;) This time it's Carol's pic. up :)