PDA

View Full Version : A few salmon off Esky

The Bait Shop Guy
06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Weather was nice enough that I was able to get Diane to come out salmon fishing with me tonight off of Escanaba. We just made the run between the harbor mouth and the red buoy to the southeast, in 65 to 90 FOW. There was quite a bit of bait out there, even so, the action didn't start until after 9:30. We ended up going 3 for 4. No big fish, just shakers under 5 pounds, but nice little eaters. One came on a Moonshine Raptor set at 55 feet. The rest hit sliders that were probably running between 20 and 30 feet. One that came off behind the boat on a Moonshine Bish's Bruiser, and two more that took a Silver Streak white chilly willy. No action on the dipsys or leadcore. There were a lot of weeds floating in the water, and those lines all came in "fouled," at the end of the night, so that's my excuse there.

Not a fantastic night by any means, but considering we didn't even burn $5 worth of gas, not too bad.

The Bait Shop Guy
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Just got off the phone with Diane. She's had a couple good reports from last night at the Ford River Can. One boat went 9 for 13, with fish up to 13 pounds. All on spoons off the riggers. Another boat landed a 23 pounder.

The Bait Shop Guy
06-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Fished between Portage and the Can tonight with my dad. We went 4 for 7. All small ones, with the exception of one fish about 10 pounds. Purple plaid Echip flasher with a purple fly took 3 hits behind a slide diver, 100 to 150 feet back. Riggers were set 40 to 60 feet down, but the cheaters/sliders were more active. Moonshine Bish's Bruiser took one hit, Raptor took two, and a black/green prism Pro King took one.

DooFighter
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
We ended up 4/8, Chris. Our biggest was about 11#. Early hits on hotlips on a rigger, later it was all wire with a froggy flasher and a green fly. Long lines were silent.

Did a short dawn patrol this am and went 1/4, about 14# plus one shaker. Shaker hit the hotlips and a 7 color took two hits with a bad tad. Green was the key today. We quit at 930 I think, north wind was kicking up pretty good by then.