PDA

View Full Version : Camp Fire Wood

camper
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi folks,

We're coming up for about our 26th or 27th annual trip next week. We've been buying some campfire wood at the Frontier (as we put in at Springstead) and my calls to them have gone unanswered. Does anyone know if they are open and still sell wood? I know that there is another place closer to Springstead that sells wood, but it is hard to get our boat in and out. We could probably drop the boat and trailer and go back, but hoping not to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Sadly, The Frontier has closed. We do not have a suggestion for firewood on the Springstead side. Maybe Tom502 or others will have one on Tuesday.

www.flambeauvista.com

Tom502
07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes, the Frontier is now closed, but I heard a rumor last weekend that they may be opening under new management in the next month or 2 - stay tuned.

As for firewood, there is a private individual that is selling firewood who is located very close to Springstead landing. He is on Flowage road, about 3/4 of a mile from the landing. Look for a small sign on the left (west) side of the road.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

camper
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks Flambeau Vista & Tom!

It looks like we'll park our boat and go back for the wood. We're looking forward to another great year at one of our favorite places on earth.