PDA

View Full Version : Chautauqua 3 Rivers Tourney

ThreeRiversEsox
07-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I know you guys didn't have the most favorable conditions, but did some guys at least make it out and get some fish?? Just wondering how many people were out.

toothyfishman
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
We fished until 4:20PM and reeled up and run, I believe the tornado time cutting across the lake was at 4:43PM.
Wife had the truck and trailer at the campground we called her to come and get us and she actually seen the tornado on her way to us.
We had to of been at Long Point while it crossed.
I sure would love to see one but not crossing a lake that I'm on!!!!

Sunday's weather wasn't any better so we just left. We were tenting so we had enough rain.

We never had a rip, heard of a few guys having rips and no hooking up and a few fish were caught but not too many. I hear of one real nice one but don't know all the details so I'll let someone who knows reply on it.

Last year the bite was great and it turned into a points battle at the end and was real close from 1st back to like 5th all having either 6 or 7 fish. It sure was a fun time, I was hoping for a lots of action again this year.
I had vacation planned for monday hoping to have a good pattern after fishing all weekend, I skipped it and went to work instead and saved the day for another time.

Sure was dissappointing.

allegheny river kid
07-27-2010, 06:19 PM
1st place Dale Wiley and John Ryhal with their big fish being 52.5"
2nd place Nick Pflum and Jon little
3rd place Kevin Whipkey and Sean Komer

Trolling bite must have been tough on the north end from talking to others that fished up that way. My partner and i got 3 on the north end saturday casting bulldawgs on the deeper weed edges 38.5", 36" and 28.5". Had action from about 5 other fish up to 1 o'clock then they shut down for us. We were off the lake just in time in the evening and were literally to close for comfort to the tornado as it crossed through mayville as we sat in the Mayville launch parking lot. We watched it rip the roof off the liquor store and snap telephone poles and trees like they were twigs....Sunday we got on the water at 10:30 am after the storms. Had one fish chase a crankbait back to the boat and that was it. I believe the final count was roughly 32 fish for 27 teams of anglers. Mostly smaller fish also.

ThreeRiversEsox
07-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the update guys. I saw the picture on Larry's page of the tornado and was hoping everyone was off the water by then! Those storms sure roll in fast off the big lake...