PDA

View Full Version : fishing report 7-13th

earlyretirement
08-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I should rename my name to the rainmaker. Every week I have been up there has been more than 5 inches or rain. Stayed on the southwest side for the first time. Rough trip for me, lost my power drive v2 trolling motor for 2 days due to the board going out. Thing is under 4 months of use and I have had to replace the foot pedal and board already.

northern and bass fishing- use your favorite musky lure and northern and bass fishing is great.

musky fishing- bad, all I could catch is bass and northern. I did loose one musky Sunday night that I had on for about 15 seconds. That was a heavy fish that took some drag. I had that on a ghost tail. Still a fun trip, but pretty sure I spent to much time in too shallow of lake (squaw bay), but that is all I could do with the 15hp motor and the threat of storms.
I did embrace the horror and used a spinner bait on the last day for about 3 hours, this resulted in 18 northern, 2 bass, and a suicidal sunfish.

Is musky fishing that tough right now or are things just a pmtt kind of quiet?

Mark Benson
08-14-2010, 10:48 AM
early:

It seems like fish are a little difficult just right now, but your ending question lends some credence to the PMTT and also explains why Ty has been so quiet of late. Not that he wouldn't let us know what is going on, but I know he has probably been fishing to get his pattern, if any straight for this weekend. All should start to come back to normal here shortly as light is fading, temps will start to cool, PMTT moves on etc.!!!

I fished an hour or so before the storms blew me off Lake Tomahawk last night, had a friend see a fish, I had some ciscoes flippin', but nothing came to the boat, even swimming freely. Water temp was 77*.

Mark

Ty Sennett
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I had all my wife's family up last week and you are kind of right about the PMTT kind of quiet. I'll spill the beans now.