PDA

View Full Version : best months to fish

luke
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Was wondering if anyone tracks their total fish caught by month? Seems like July and August are the worst due to the higher water temps. Am planning a trip to Kennerdale and wanted to know if October would be better than September as far as best chances to get into 'em?

Red Childress
08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Of those two choices, October gets my vote for sure unless the floating weeds/leaves are flushing out by then.....if so, I would look at late-Sept and very early October. It can get tricky down that way with all the extra debris pulling off the river bottom and leaves dropping.

Pescatore
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I second that and would add the first 2 weeks of November.

Anzomcik
08-20-2010, 06:55 PM
The crazy thing for me is this july-aug. has been my best two months ever! I have boated alot of fish and so has my fishing buddy.

SportJet120
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Nov and Dec also seem to be good months. Alot of guys stop fishing and go hunting. I like to do both.

allegheny river kid
08-22-2010, 09:32 AM
June, July and august. After these months things slow way down for me. Usually an ok bite after the leaves and vegatation flush out the end of october and first two weeks of november. Its nowhere near as good as the summer months though.