PDA

View Full Version : August 24th report

Ty Sennett
08-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Yesterday was still slow but better than the last couple days. We had a mid forty inch fish eat a Corey Meyer bucktail right at the boat in the morning. That one didn't get caught. After that I had one go around in a figure eight on a Cowgirl but didn't eat. We fished hard the rest of the day but only caught weeds. As a side note we did find the labrador retriever of muskies as one little muskie carried our bucktail back to the boat for us then dropped it. Jim thought it was weeds as we were slop fishing most of the afternoon. It happens.

For another side note, we saw a sow and three little cubs swimming across Petes Bar in the evening. I can honestly say I have never seen that happen.

Water temps were 72-76 degrees.

muskymeyer
08-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the shout out Ty . . . . .sounds like you must have gotten one of the bucktails with the rubber hooks!!!!!

Corey Meyer

Dan Hardy
08-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Where can one of the Corey Meyer bucktails be obtained?

muskymeyer
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Dan,

I have a couple pictures of "Flowage Boa's" on muskiefirst at this link.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=675

Nothing really special about them, they are a super shallow running thinly tied maraboo bucktail with coil over wire for the body and wraps and a quarter ounce egg sinker at the rear.

I don't want to hijack Ty's site about these so if you have any other questions email me at muskymeyer@newnorth.net

And thanks for the inquiry.

Corey Meyer

scottwebster
08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Nice bucktails.

MikeDircz
08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Ty, is this the same muskie we caught on June 20th?
Check out this picture on Tanner's message board.
Same marking behind the gill plate.

[URL="http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?t=18339[/URL]

Ty Sennett
08-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Mike, that is definitely the same fish we caught that Tanner boated. Good to see our measuring boards are working in conjunction with each others. I'll ask him where he caught it to see if the fish moved much.

Corey, hijack the board as much as possible. Great baits man.

MikeDircz
08-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks Ty. It will be revealing to hear where it was caught. That must be a hungry, aggressive fish to get caught again so soon. Maybe they aren't so smart after all.

Ty Sennett
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Tanner caught it on the island right next to the hump we caught it on. It didn't go very far.

MikeDircz
08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess that means he (or she) has his territory staked out. I hope you will get it to strike again!