PDA

View Full Version : Quick trolling motor foot pedal question......

Jax
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,
I was out a couple weeks ago and was moving along a weed point and everything was going fine and all of a sudden the tension on my foot pedal of my trolling motor was no more. The trolling motor still works but because of no tension I can't control it.

I turned it upside down and the two small steel wires that control the tension had alot of slack on them. I thought all i had to do was tighten the tension screw but that didn't help at all as it didn't seem to tighten.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be? By the way it is a 65lb thrust All Terrain Minn-kota.

This kind of throws a wrench into my fishing plans as i don't feel like having to drop my two anchors and fish a spot for 10 minutes then pull up the anchors and move a little bit and drop anchor again etc etc......... even though you could probably fish a spot pretty thoroughly. Any advise/ideas to the possible problem? Thanks guys.

Trav
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Not sure on Minn-kotas, but on Motor Guides there is a pin that attaches the cable to the lever on the foot pedal. If this falls out, you cannot steer. There would also be no tension in the cable as it is not attached to the pedal. Again, different brand might be a different mechanism though.

RossL
08-27-2010, 12:27 PM
You may want to call this person. He is an authorized Minn Kota repair person. I just ordered a part for my All Terrain from him.

edward f. schilling
2829 south 99th street
west allis, WI
Phone: 414-321-9662
edstroll@live.com
9am-6pm m-sat, service while you wait, call for appt