PDA

View Full Version : question

Josh Clark
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Hello,
i have been looking for good small river muskies fishing and i have found that bad river closer to ashland area and i'm not sure if it closer to mercer or other,
i curious if you know about this place that might allow anyone to fish for muskies on bad river indian resevation, on the guides site superior outfitter pretty rip off on cost for 3 day trip into bad river but i wonder if me and my friend can go on our own on his 20 ft flat boat with elecrtric trolling motor and float through bad river and fish for muskies ?
just want to know if they allow anyone to fish ??

we're trying to looking for nice uncowrds fishing for muskies but only i have learn little about bad river but it must be a indian reseavtion do i need to get any permission or what ???

any experince fish on bad river for muskies ??

thanks
Josh

Zeke
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Josh, There many musky rivers to fish up here the Bad is not one of them. Best left to tribal members. Try the Flambeau, Jump, or Chippewa Rivers any section. Good Luck

George G
09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Just call the DNR and they will give you the information you need Mercer office.

Larrynrita
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't know about the Bad River, but I agree with Josh, both the North and South Forks of the Flambeau provide plenty of Musky Action. I think the Midway provides guided trips on the North Fork - see a related recent post. On the South Fork, pay attention to deep bend holes and small creeks entering the main river.

I used to fish the South Fork in the Lugerville area (NW of Phillips) for smallies with a fly rod quite a bit, and muskie hits were not uncommon... good luck!

St Croix Kid
09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I would recommend the stretch on the N fork between 9 Mile Tavern and Oxbo. you would have to do it in a canoe though. a few rapids. between the dams is good with a 20' flat.

the other andy
09-02-2010, 12:39 PM
The only access to the Bad is from the lake. Muskie and walleye fishing is outstanding but it's a 6 mile boat ride to the mouth from Saxon or The Bay.
Natives won't let you launch.

Josh Clark
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
thanks you for information, umm north fork is the probably for our scout ride on water and give some a try as long as we trip through..
trying to search more place around..

Josh Clark