PDA

View Full Version : 9" Shallow Invaders

Red Childress
09-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Just ordered several of the 9" Invaders yesterday.......has anyone had a chance to use them this year?? Do they run deeper or shallower than the originals??

Red Childress
09-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Hmmm....maybe the 9" are the originals? I had heard MI was coming out with larger Invaders this summer and the "original" ones did not measure 9" when I measured them a few years ago. Maybe the tackle company where I ordered them measured from the lexan lip to tail instead of the head to tail........

Red Childress
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Just found the new version for sale.......they measure 12 inches.

Anyone been throwing these yet?? Success??

lowbidder
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
No, but I'm ordering two of them right now. Love the originals.

Red Childress
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
After doing some research/phone calls, the 12-inch version is not out yet even though 2 different dealers had advertised as having them in stock.

Sorry to those who went through the wild goose chase that I did today. The 12-inch model will be a nice addition.

I am currently behind in my "internet wisdom" since my summer was super busy.....playing catch-up now that school has started.

toothyfishman
09-02-2010, 05:21 PM
They are the kind of baits that you-yourself would like to just jump outta the boat and grab them! Action is awesome on them.

lowbidder
09-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I love that action! My favorite gander mtn T-shirt has two bass underwater looking at a worm on a hook. The one says to the other..."I'd hit that"

Bummer about the invaders. I got an order confirmation... i guess the next email I will see is a backorder notice. The only place I found them at all was Mills Fleet Farm. They only showed two colors in stock which I thought was kinda weird.

Red Childress
09-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Check eBay cuz the tackle retailer selling them (cannot remember off hand cuz the invoice is on school computer and is located in MN) has a large supply of them listed in their "eBay store" option.....several different color options as well.

lowbidder
09-04-2010, 05:59 AM
I checked Ebay first, but couldn't find it. Can you send me the link if you can find it?

SportJet120
09-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Would it be from user muskybassbaits101 out of Alexandria MN ?

lowbidder
09-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Everything he has is 9". I'm looking for the "foot longs"!

Red Childress
09-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Yes, that is the retailer from MN you mentioned.

The 12" version is not out yet but is scheduled to be sometime in 2010. Maybe a "winter show release" time frame??

Still waiting for the new 9-footer from St. Croix as well.....have not heard anything about this either.

Red Childress
09-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I guess I "mis-remembered" the length of the original Invader cuz it measured 9.5 inches yesterday from the very tip of the tail to head.......did not include the lip in the measurement.

I must footnote the word mis-remembered in order to give all the credit to Roger Clemens who actually created it specifically for his grave digging session in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee........It was a weak attempt at some Friday humor. No more caffeine for me this morning.

lowbidder
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
My 12" shallow invader came in yesterday. Guess what... it's 9.5" long. Big surprise! I was going to call up the vendor and bitch about mis-advertising, but I realized I had just got a good bait for an excellent price. Having an extra doesn't hurt... especially when those plastic lips don't hold up well as the water turns cold.

Red Childress
09-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Instead of sticking the rear treble into the rubber tail, I am going to use a rubber band to snug up the rear treble against the bait. I think the rubber band will slip right into the joint that is formed where the rubber and plastic meet......it should stay there and not slide.

Other than going thru the time consuming hassle of rigging that rear treble with a steel separator, sticking the treble in the body or using a rubber band are the only 2 quick ways to keep the hooks from fouling. After sticking the treble in the tail several times, the hole gets larger and larger.......especially after a hook-setting snag.