PDA

View Full Version : musky rodeo

ff oldtimer
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
how did the musky rodeo go this year?it was last weekend wasn"t it. anybody know the results? andy?

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
1st place was a 45.5" and 2nd was 43". Both fish were caught by a group of guys from the Hayward area.

www.flambeauvista.com

finnskar
12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC;61046]1st place was a 45.5" and 2nd was 43". Both fish were caught by a group of guys from the Hayward area.

Originally from the Hayward area, now of Green Bay, I was one of that group. We had a great time. The largest fish was taken on the opening morning of the event by a guy nicknamed "HOT". I don't think that moniker came from catching the fish, it had been given in a much earlier time frame. The second fish was caught as another guy's first legal fish; that is not a bad size to catch as a first legal. He had just been pleading his case to be able to catch a musky of ANY SIZE to make him happy for the event, and he ends up with this dandy. The rest of us saw a number of fish over the weekend, and a few of us caught sublegals. We did have action! Of course, all fish were released. The hospitality of event organizers was great and the Saturday night steak feed was superb. This is a recommended event, if you have a chance to fish it! I hope to take my wife, and girls, up there for a summertime fishing event, camping at one of many island campsite locations.