PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi to all,

Well the cool nights are upon us and the water temps are continuing to fall and this has the walleye in the transition as they are slowly but surely moving to their fall locations whether it be the deep rocks, river channels, or the shallows on the windy days. This past week saw a good number of eyes come off the deep rock piles and ledges, along with the river channels in 15 to 20 feet of water, a couple of days when the wind was really kicking up we boated some nice ones from the shallow shoreline boulders. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with medium to large fatheads have been the ticket, still have some crawlers left and will try them in the next couple of days on the cribs in search of some jumbo perch and gills. Till the next report, good luck to all.

WalleyesWanted
09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi, Don

I first of all want to thank you for all the posts you have contributed to this forum over the years. Although I rarely post anything on here, I do regularly check for fishing reports and I've been reading yours for at least 3 years now. I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your retirement.

Getting to my question, when you talk about fishing the deep rocks, roughly how deep are the rocks?

I'll be heading up this weekend with my girlfriend to brave the cold and rain in an attempt to catch some 'eyes. We'll be camping in either the Manitowish river or in the horseshoe area. I've personally been fishing the flowage with my dad since I was 4 or 5 (I'm 24 now), but never in September or October. My girlfriend and I have been out twice so far this summer and we've caught fish, but she has yet to boat a walleye. I've taken it personally and it's now my goal to get her to catch a walleye before the water gets hard. I greatly appreciate any tips and advice you can offer.