PDA

View Full Version : Curly Sue Tails

catchandrelease
09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
While we're talking about plastics, how much of a difference is there between the Curly Sue tails and Bull Dawg tails? Shack Attack makes replacement tails for the Curly Sue and I was wondering if they would work well on Bull Dawgs.

Anzomcik
09-16-2010, 02:36 PM
With out doing it myself, i would bet they would be good replacments. I like shackattack plastic much better than the stuff dawgs are made of (personal opinion)

cant see why it would not work

catchandrelease
09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I have never seen any Shack Attack lures, so I wasn't sure how the tails compared. They look small in pictures I'm seeing, but that is usually misleading though. I'll have to try some of their lures soon. They look pretty cool.

Anzomcik
09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
The last couple years at the Colombus musky show Andy from Shack Attack has been there and he know me, we BS and joke around. Real nice guys. He is a one man show with his baits, he makes everyone of them.

I am not trying to push his products because i talk/know with him. His baits are quality, all the way. You take a bulldawg in one hand and a curly sue in the other you can feel that the sue's plastic will hold up to many fish. Good stuff

I have a normal size dawg and the 9 inch curly sue, there tails are about the same size. To give you a reference.

catchandrelease
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Alright. Thanks a lot. I will look into the Curly Sues.

Red Childress
09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
The Shack Attack stuff is built very well and made in the US. I am going to being mixing and matching tails and bodies with the Mend It stuff so I will let you know how it goes. I might even do some creative design work with the triple tail Medusa's too.

I purchased 2 Pro Dawgs at Vermilion (Cisco and Whitefish) and they were a definite upgrade compared to the old junky batch. I had boycotted Bulldawgs cuz I bought a couple dozen of them at the Hamburg Cabela's the very year the "bad rubber and sucky harnesses" were sold. There is a huge difference in the old ones compared to the newly designed Pro Dawgs.

SportJet120
09-16-2010, 05:18 PM
If you make a Cabelas purchase and for any reason you are not satisfied with it, Cabelas brand or not, Cabelas will take it back no questions asked.

catchandrelease
10-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Cabela's has always been good about returning stuff, but I think they got more strict on their return policy. I think there's a 30- or 60-day return period now. Don't hold me to specifics, but I'm pretty sure they're starting to crack down.