PDA

View Full Version : Nice 45" catch

The Frog caster
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Andy H. picked me up at my dock promptly at 7:00 am. (9-25-2010) We did a short sweep
and casted for ten minutes or so drifting toward my dock. Exactly 50 yrds. straight off my dock Andy snags and lands a 45" Musky .......... I said to him.......... do you know how many casts I've made from the dock ???? I've made so many casts I've worn a groove in the water !!! He's with me for 15 minutes and Boom !!!! I guess that's the difference between an amateur and a pro !!! I'm glad I hired him, we had fun, and he knows what he's doing. Larry

Musky Mauler
09-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Which brings to mind another musky story. Year after year, for several decades, my daughter heard me relate the fact that muskies are so hard to catch. "The fish of a thousand casts." Then, one day she goes musky fishing with Scott Tomek (Earl and Elsie Tomek's son) along with another north woods friend. They've known each other since they were kids.

They're gonna do a shore lunch. So, they park the nose of the boat on an island and unload the lunch gear ahead of time to clear it our of the way inside the boat. While doing so, they tell my daughter to stand in the back of the boat and practice a couple of casts. It's her first time musky fishing, and they want her to try to avoid backlashes, and such.

On her THIRD "practice cast" WHAM!

She landed a nice 40" musky.

She said to me, "Dad, you've blown it all out of proportion. IT'S EASY!"

(It's enough to make a grown man cry!)