PDA

View Full Version : Muddy Water Musky

ttabaleulb
10-01-2010, 06:35 PM
What kind of changes to baits and presentations do you guys use when it comes to fishing muddy/turbid waters? The waters I hope to fish this weekend got hit pretty hard with the rain that came thru. I'm gonna go with high vibration (bucktails) and bright colors to start. Would you also change up some of the speeds of baits that you normally use?

muskyjerk
10-02-2010, 06:28 PM
My favorite muddy water presentation is topwater. As long as water temperatures are favorable (55-75 degrees). Maybe the loudest presentation.

ttabaleulb
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Cool. I threw a WTD type surface bait for a bit today. COuldn't get those damn fish interested in anything, including flies. I think there were just too many baitfish for them to gorge on. I saw fish just porposing on the surface and I swear they were just sippin on those baitfish like trout do with mayflies. LOL I didn't get to spend a lot of time on the water today. Hopin to head back out again tomorrow.

suskymusky50
10-04-2010, 01:32 AM
My #1 bait for muddy water is the large double bladed bucktails. Number 8 and larger blades seem to work best for me. As for color, I've had the most sucess with a black skirt and orange blades. Tail rotating topwaters, like the topraider, are a distant second for me. Hope this helps.