PDA

View Full Version : replicas.....

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm looking to get some replicas made soon, as of now i'm leaning towards fittantes any other suggestions?

toothyfishman
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I would check into Lax's reproductions too.

http://www.laxreproduction.com

I have seen their work, very nice, haven't seen any work by one you mentioned.

You better wait, about the time you have one done you'll catch a bigger one.......lol........
I'm waiting for 54" or better I think. I've got 2 over 50 but waiting for the super fish.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
well im getting one done first of a 32.5 walleye i caught i don't think i'm gonna beat that for a while the musky isn't getting done just yet theres 2 fish im after that will decimate anything i've caught so far.

catchandrelease
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I have never seen any in person, but from the pictures I have seen in magazines, on the internet, et cetera, LAX replicas look really fake. Fittantes look the most lifelike to me. If I were to get a replica made I would definitely go with Fittante.

suskymusky50
10-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I also thought Rick Lax's replicas looked fake. That is until I saw them in person. His work is increadable. I would recomend Rick's work to anyone.

Joe M
10-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I won the 3 Rivers Inc Replica last year and it looks great. It was done by a guy named Sam. His tackle shop is in Sharpsburgh.I will try to find the name of the buisness.alot of members said it looked better then both the other names mentioned. That is who they used to use. If you live near Pgh feel free to come and check it out.

Anzomcik
10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I have two Fittante mounts. I am very happy with his work. One is a 32 inch walleye and the other is a 52 inch musky. I am not saying bad about Lax, but i liked Fittante more.

I am not sure where you are located, but this is an invite to check mine out in person if you wish. Then at least you can say you have seen a replica walleye mount from a "big" name replica taxidermist.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I do also think lax replicas look fake but i haven"t seen any in person, I like the look of fittante's work and I live in warren.

muskie24/7
10-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I have seen all 3 in person. I too like fittante's work the best!

Brian

muskyjerk
10-11-2010, 03:05 PM
The place in sharpsburgh is called Memories ________ _____. Phone book under tackle shops or taxidermist should narrow search.