PDA

View Full Version : what do muskies eat....ROCK BASS!!!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I hit the river today hoping to get ahold of a muskie I had seen a few weeks prior, now I seen this fish when a boat fishing near me had it come up and grab a bass they had hooked, I went to the same area of the river today within 100 ft of the previous incident, started doing my thing had no action on the muskies so I started fishing for bass and walleye, I caught a rock bass was bringing it to the boat and right at boatside a 40+ muskie comes rocketing in and annihalates this fish! I fought it for bout 10 minutes on 10pd test never had the ski hooked, I almost had the fish in range to try and net it and it just opened its mouth turned and swam away.......wild experience, did manage to put 27 smallmouth in the boat though, hopefully I can put one of these fish in the boat soon lol.

evw659
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I had the same thing happen to me last year except with a 11-12" smallie. a mid 40's musky came up as i was bringing him in, inhaled the fish and held on for a few minutes until he got up close to the boat, then he let go. The fish was almost ripped in half. Got my blood pumping for a few minutes thats for sure.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
yea i was not expecting it, the fish came from right under my boat, I'm gonna head back out tomorrow see if I can get hook up.

Red Childress
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Speaking of Rock Bass, I caught the longest/heaviest one I have ever seen in person over the weekend....she was in the 10-12 inch range and packed full of food. That was one of only two bright spots for my boat the entire 3-day weekend.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-12-2010, 02:47 PM
you guys should've followed me lol