PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Musky action

The Frog caster
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I own a home in Mercer on a lake and thought I'de share my "almost" luck this past weekend (10-08-10). Saturday was a gem for me. Had three large fish follow to the boat within 10 minutes. Two were Musks, and I can't swear by the third. I did my best figure eighting, but to no avail. Two of the fish rolled sideways giving me a perfect view. One was at least a forty incher. I was thowing a 9" weighted Suick in 10-15 ft. of water on weed edges. The wind was south easterly with just a little bit of chop. So much for the saying " wind from the east fishing is the least". Today (Sunday) was a different story...... the only thing I did was get my line wet, pull out several back lashes and enjoyed the near perfect morning puffing on my grape swishers !!! Regards, Frog Caster

muskeye
10-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Went out Saturday on the tff and brought the musky and walleye gear. First stop was for musky's. First cast - nothing. Second cast just as the depthraider was coming up to the boat I hooked a musky which immediately came flying out of the water towards the boat head first mouth open and shaking. It was barely hooked but I did land it and get it back in the water quickly and we guessed the length at 36. Thought later I could have at least snapped a pic or get a real measurement but oh well. Spent most of the time after that casting with rapalas for walleyes but only caught some small northerns. It was the quickest I have ever caught a musky and am still pumped!