PDA

View Full Version : Coastas

catchandrelease
10-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Red,

How are you liking your new Coastas?

lowbidder
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry to butt in on this one, but I gotta make a pitch for the CDM service department. I lose, damage, distort, mame my gear more than anybody I know... sunglasses included!

Last summer I cracked my right lens during a wrestling match with my 4 year old. I sent them away to CDM and got them back less than 2 weeks repaired for about $80 including return shipping. I even got an email update every so often telling me how my sunglasses were doing.

Tomorrow I am sending them back again. I went to the PennState game this past saturday (wait.. it gets worse). I Started playing beer pong with a bunch of 20-somethings at 8AM. Around 3PM I was coherent enough to realize I had a fuzzy spot in the middle of my lens that would not clean off. Turned out to be a "mystery chip" in the lens. Don't know how or when it happened, but after last year's issue, I'm confident the repair department will have them back to me with a quick turnaround and a fair charge.

So, in addition to whatever Red tells you about his glasses, you can be confident that if you ever damage them, the people in the repair department are good to deal with.

Mike

ttabaleulb
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
LOL I don't mean to butt in on this one either, but I couldn't help myself. The CDM's I bought this year have been incredible. Although I haven't netted a lot of fish this year, I've had more strikes/chances BY FAR than my first couple of years. A lot of that is due to the fact that I am now seeing these fish long before I had with other glasses I've tried. AND, I've seen more fish in general even with MUCH less time on the water this year. I am sold on these glasses.

Anzomcik
10-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Ill join in also, i bought a pair also this year, best glasses i ever bought! for fun i took my old pair of cheapos with me and did a switch on the water, wow my CDM beat the crap out of them in every catagory.

Red Childress
10-13-2010, 07:05 AM
They are the best glasses I have ever had. One of the best aspects (of the style I have) is that it has completely eliminated "cold weather" fogging issues.

catchandrelease
10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
I have no problem with others joining in. I just knew Red got a new pair for this year. It seems everyone that went with Coastas seems very pleased with their purchases. What lenses did everyone choose?

cband
10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
I have the Permit frames with the 580 copper. The copper really works well on cloudy days. I really couldn't tell a difference between these and the green mirror. I do wear them all year long, and as Red stated, they are nice in the winter with the vents and no fogging. My brother has the 400 amber lenses(not glass) and comparing side by side, not really a difference with them and the 580s. They are a little lighter and I feel more comfortable. I went with the 580s without trying any others on first.

Red Childress
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I have green mirror only because the agent I spoke with recommend them based on my environmental description. I did not try any other styles/frames.

Pretty much ordered them based on the recommendation of the agent. I was picky about frame size/weight and explained to her my hat size, etc., so she could make the best guess at which ones would fit me best. These fit great and do not slide off when the temps are 100 degrees.

lowbidder
10-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I had the amber lenses last year and switched to the green mirror this year. I found both to be good for all around use, but I definitely liked the green mirror better for visibility into the water.

catchandrelease
10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
From what I have been told copper/amber/green mirror lenses are much better in rivers than lakes. What are your thoughts on that?