PDA

View Full Version : Ice Armor Gloves

catchandrelease
10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I specifically asked about gloves that aren’t bulky in my other thread, but what’s everyone’s opinion of Ice Armor gloves? They are definitely bulky, but would it be worth it? I would imagine there would be no need for multiple pairs of gloves, and they would be much warmer. Are they too bulky to wear for a day of casting?

ToddM
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
I love mine and fish with them in the cold. I have no issues with their bulkyness. I think alot of that is due to the fact my hands are nice and warm.

Red Childress
10-15-2010, 07:06 AM
I assume we are talking about really cold days.......not the 25-degree mornings and then mid-40's by the afternoon.

I have tried just about every glove/glove combination out there (except Ice Amour stuff, Glacier Gloves and the surgical glove technique) and to stay warm in sub-30 degree temps, they are all going to be pretty bulky for casting. You just have to find a system that suits you. The Glacier gloves are neoprene but have a liner of some sort in them. They come in several different styles. The lack of breathability with neoprene sweat my hands and then I am frozen in 30 minutes but I have not tried them before, however.

Blood circulation issues/mental toughness will ultimately determine how bulky one must get I suppose. For me, having multiple pairs of wool gloves/Cabela's Deerskin palm gloves on board is the best way to go. I have noticed that when you layer too much that the gloves become tight, that can be a death sentence as well.

Just my .02 cents.

Red Childress
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I am talking about casting with a baitcaster, not spinning gear.