PDA

View Full Version : Pedestal Organizer

catchandrelease
10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I知 looking for a small pedestal organizer to keep my lures that I have already used and plan to use again in when on the water. Lakewood makes the Pedestal Pal, which has plenty of storage and fits around a pedestal seat, but it costs more than I知 willing to pay. Another option I have found is the Dunwright Clear Vision Bait Tubes, but they only have 6 compartments, and I知 not sure if they are still being made and/or sold. Does anyone know of any comparable ones that are cheaper?

suskymusky50
10-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I have seen a few guys with short sections of pvc pipe fastened to their pedistal pole. That would be as cheap as I can think of.

Red Childress
10-15-2010, 06:53 AM
I have seen 3 and 5 gallon buckets with a hole cut in the middle with the baits just hanging off the lip......you could cut notches in the lip to prevent the baits from sliding around in transit.

toothyfishman
10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Depending on what boat you got and if your willing to mount stuff on it, I got a strip out UHMW (it's like cutting board stuff) it's like 1.5 X 2" and drilled evenly spaced holes in it to hang baits. Then I had to drill through the boat and I had tapped the UHMW to match up the holes and just run 2 small bolts through from the outside.

I have it mounted at my casting deck height but back off the deck. I have to get down on one knee to reach them but they are totally out of the way.

I have one mounted on each side and can hold 10 lures on both sides.
They just run right below my top rail of the boat on each side and are about 20" long or so if you can picture that.

Any material would work, some Alum. angle with a couple of pop rivets, whatever material you want to use or method of tooling/equipment your familiar with using. Heck even some nice hardwood with a router edge stained would look nice if your a woodworker.

I normally can get out a selection of baits and stuff my box up underneth my deck and never need it again until it's time to pack'em up. It's nice they are hanging and are dry too when it is time to put them away.

Red Childress
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
I have the Lakewood Pedestal Pal Jr. things that holds my release tools and I love it.