PDA

View Full Version : lakewoods products?

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone uses lakewoods bags i'm looking at getting the hybrid or monster are they worth the money? and can you put as much in them as they say?

Anzomcik
10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I was fishing tonight with a buddy of mine and he has a medium bag from lakewood. Very high quality bag, very well thought on the layout in terms of pockets.

I am a person who when buying somthing i am going to use alot i will reach deep in to my pocket, with that said this is my take on lakewood boxes.

I believe i am like alot of people when i say my musky bait slection changes on a weekly baises. Some days i look in my bag and say wow i need another box, and others i ask why did i get a box so big. If you know the amount of baits will you will carry and still have room for a few more here and there, i would have a lake wood box. I do not because like i said earlier my box changes offten.

My buddy has his 20 or so baits (he enjoys the couple trips a year) his box almost never changes and it works out great for him. After going through 3 boxes last year i have settled on a Cabelas advanced angler pro series tackle bag the super mag. size.

If you want to have super flexability, with tons of storage i would recemend this. Keep in mind you need to get the plano boxes to put your stuff in. But still your saving money.

Side note, the lake wood box is a hanger box, i have had these and liked them for the most part. You can put alot in them but sometime the whole tube of baits come out with the one you want.

So yes you can put alot in them, yes they are worth the money, but those "yes's" come with alot of "if's" Tackle storage has been a major issue with me since i started chasing musky, i think it always will be also

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks for the info

toothyfishman
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
If gotten to where I like the cheapo clear Plano boxes. I have each one set-up with that one type of bait and wherever I am going and planing on doing I grab that set of boxes. If I'm casting I grab ones with casting lures, if I'm only trolling I grab the lure types that work best for the lake I'm going to.
Spring I grab ones with smaller baits, summer deeper divers, etc etc etc
The clear boxes fit in my storage compartments so that is nice too.

I have the monster Lakewood for my Super big baits and I love it for that.

I also have a Lakewood for normal size baits, not sure what model it is.
If I'm heading to the river in my smaller boat I don't have alot of room so I have the Plano box with the hanger like the Lakewood and it's set-up with a nice collection of all the different bait types for any situation. The Lakewood would work just the same but it's too nice to be beat around in my Jon with muddy feet and snow in the winter. If something ever happens to my plastic Plano big box I'll move them over and use it then. I had the Plano first and won the Lakewood or I wouldn't have it.

They are very well built boxes and worth the money. You spend alot on baits so they need something that protects them.
For me when I'm in my big boat I like the small boxes and only take what I need and I end up not having a tackle box sitting around.
My small boat I can't haul much stuff so a selection of all type works best for that.

Now send me on a tournament and I think I may have to be ready to cast or troll...............then there is no room in the boat for me!!!!

Hope all that rambling on helps you decide what's best for you.
Quailty wise they are nice boxes and worth the money.
Many other options out there as well, lots of clear boxes coming out which is also a grat idea.

Anzomcik
10-17-2010, 08:32 AM
For what it is worth, i forgot to put this in my original message. The bag i have now is rated for 9 3700 plano boxes, I have 3, 3750 (the real tall boxes, i use these for bigger baits that do not fit in 3700 series boxes) and 8 3700 boxes. It isnt that tight of a squeeze.

So i guess cabelas seemed to pull a number out of the air, the bag can hold much more than what they said.

Ivan
10-18-2010, 07:22 AM
I am primarily a troller and own a ton of crankbaits. I like a clean boat and put most of my baits away in storage compartments in my boat inside plastic plano boxes. The bigger baits, or ones that are left over and don't fit in built in storage go in Lakewoods. I think they are great boxes...I have 7 but they are not all with me in the boat all the time. I organize my stuff according to lakes I'm fishing or time of the year.

I think they are worth the money. The new Just Encase clear boxes look pretty sweet also.

Larry Jones
10-18-2010, 07:58 AM
B&B Bait Box's are made by Lakewood as well and cost much less!
http://www.bbbaitbox.com/

SportJet120
10-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Lori and I both have the muskie mediums by Lakewood. They will hold over 50 hanging baits. I like the fact that the baits hang and they dry easily. These bags are super strong, you can stand on them.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
thanks for all the info...... I've looked into the justincase boxes but they really don't work for me because I dont have a really big boat I have a 16 ft flat bottom thats kinda setup for one guy( I do most of my fishing solo), but I think Im gonna go with a hybrid so I can keep certain baits in most of the time and still be able to do the plano box deal and switch stuff in and out according to conditions, this will do until next year when I get a new boat lol