PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the day

Anzomcik
10-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Well its my favorite time of the year, and where i fish things are lookin good. Like every one you learn a thing or two every trip out on the water. Today was no different, here are a few tips from today

1) When letting a good friend borrow a bait, check there line for frays or nicks. Just because the bait floats does not mean you will find it in a corn field. (line broke on a back lash)

2) When showing a good friend how to work a bait they just bought make sure to also check there drag on their reel. Its only when the drag is so loose the bait in the water causes slippage is when a musky crushes it and you set the hook to nothing but air. (No i did not get that fish in)

3) In the event of two (2) muskys chargeing out of a log jam to follow your bait at the same time does not double your odds of a hook up on the 8, it onlys leads to double the heart break when they leave not interested. (yes that happened, and for the third time in the past year)

Feel free to add your own tips, I would enjoy learning from others experences.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
if you know your friend is a bad caster and won't listen to you don't let him borrow your lures and fish near a bridge, he will cast it right into the bridge and smash it.....twice.

palomar knots and no leaders do not work......different friend.

if you stop paying attention to your lure on the retrieve stop and regroup, this is when the musky will strike....

and my personal demon, there is no net too big.

Anzomcik
10-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Just because you use musky baits does not mean walleyes that are barely twice the size of your bait will leave them alone, in fact they will screw with you all night as the case for me tonight

suskymusky50
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
12 inch smallmouths hit bucktails hard enough to make you believe they are a 20 pound musky. If they do this on a short line and you have a superman hookset they come flying back at you at head level.

ttabaleulb
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
LMAO These are fantastic!!

1) Similar to one already posted. If you're brother asks you to look at his line to see if it looks frayed and should be cut and retied and you agree that it does. But instead of doing that, he keeps casting until a backlash sends it flying into the deep abyss and gets pissed. The tip here is to try NOT to let him hear you laughin your butt off in the back of the boat!!

2) When casting a Flyrod, make sure all additional rods are laying low enough in the boat so as to not be able to hook them on your back cast. Not only might you send them flying into the water, but it scares the hell out of you with the racket too!!

3) When casting in 20mph+ wind with the Flyrod and you feel the fly hit your hat on the forward cast, just stop casting NOW!! Don't try to get one more false cast in because there is a good chance that 5/0 hooks could be poking through your shirts into your torso!!

Anzomcik
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Just because you use musky baits does not mean walleyes that are barely twice the size of your bait will leave them alone, in fact they will screw with you all night as the case for me tonight

Part 2: From tonights trip.

When walleye eat musky baits, use walleye baits to catch musky. I do not know why that worked tonight but it did.