PDA

View Full Version : First Muskie

JoshM3357
10-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Started fishing for toothy critters about a month and a half ago and last week got my first muskie.

I had a larger fish hooked (not sure whether it was a pike or muskie) a few weeks back but lure pulled near shore. Fish was in the mid to upper 30" range.

Red Childress
10-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Congrats Josh and welcome to the message board!

I hope you are single and very wealthy cuz the disease you have contracted is not cheap nor liked by many women. There is a guy on here named Jay (ttabaleulb) who is starting up a MA (muskies annonymous) group in the near future to help cope with the ailments associated with this horrific but exciting disease called Musky Fever.

Stay tuned for meeting times/locations. :)

JoshM3357
10-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Never realized there is so much to learn about musky fishing.

ttabaleulb
10-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Way to go Josh!! I'm only into my 3rd year chasin these fish and I swear every one of them I see still gets me all fired up!!

Red is right, I'm gonna have to start up that MA group soon. However, its gonna have to be after the lakes freeze around me cause I can still go out and get my fix for a few more weeks!! LOL

And speakin of all the learning for these fish, even after a couple of years chasin them, I feel like I don't know a thing about em. I swear I see them do something new every time out. Thats a big part of what feeds this addiction.

Congrats again.

Jay

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-19-2010, 10:18 AM
congrats on the fish!

I know muskie fishing is why I'm single and broke.... when's the first meeting?

JoshM3357
10-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys

toothyfishman
10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats!!!

Let the hunt begin now, it's endless setting goals for yourselve each year.
That's what the hunt is all about though.

Marburg...wow...your at the opposite corner of the state. I always wanted to fish that area sometime. Almost had a chance when my work had a week long training that I was suppose to go to but it got cancelled. Williamsport on the river is as close as I've got. I've heard there are some nice fish there.

Red Childress
10-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Marburg fishes much tougher than it used to for muskies. Tons of boat pressure and if guys keep yanking out 52" fish (or any fish for that matter), it is going to continue to get tougher.

I have never fished it but have many friends/clients who do. There are a few on this message board who fish it and live in that area. Summertime fishing is usually good very close to the thermocline as most big fish are suspended there during summer.

Lee Snyder knows that lake like the back of his hand. His number is in the phone book. I am sure he would answer some questions for you.

Good Luck!

lowbidder
10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Congratulations!
It was just about a year ago I caught my first. I agree with everything said above. This sport will (as the grinch says) keep your puzzler puzzling. You picked a good board... these guys are genuinely helpful and have definitely shortened my learning curve.

Mike

SportJet120
10-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Congrats Josh ! I joined this site less than a year ago and it has provided me with an unbelievable amount of info. I don't think you will find a nicer more informative bunch of guys anywhere. Without their help I would of bought the wrong type of equipment for Muskies. This site has got my girlfriend Lori and I hooked on Muskie fishing. Hope you get the enjoyment out of it as we do.