PDA

View Full Version : fish ???

JIM T
10-23-2010, 11:14 AM
ok,All I seem to read about is tackle etc. Is anyone fishing the river around warren, has anyone caught any thing? what are river conditions?

Red Childress
10-24-2010, 06:56 AM
JT,

Fishing was rough for us the past 2 weekends with severe cold fronts.......we hit 2 muskies yesterday as the front moved in. I really do not have a handle on the trout/walleye bite right now cuz the days I have been doing it, we have had crappy fishing weather.

Water levels are great and clarity is very nice for fishing. Water temps are 56-57 North of Warren and 53 South.

On another topic.......did you have a run in with some drunken canoers a few weeks back? I had a guy ask me if I was the guy who was subjected to a few drunken idiots.............he said it was a boat exactly like mine so it had to be your boat. He said the incident occurred in the Starbrick dredge.

JIM T
10-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Red, seems that some canoe people like to purposely try to cut you off, Drunk or not. Seems that trying to give them a wide berth doesn't pay,maybe the best thing to do is just run as close to the SOBS as possible,see if theycan stay afloat.

Red Childress
10-26-2010, 07:35 AM
JT,

When I mentioned trout, I meant the BIG trout........not the 6-10 inchers flopping all over the place.

Red Childress
11-03-2010, 07:39 AM
We hit a few nice fish last weekend but none were muskies. My primary spots have not been producing so we have been hitting some "old" spots and moving some fish now and then. It sure has not been an "average" Fall (thus far) for my boat regarding muskies and has been horrible for big trout/walleye. (Keep in mind that we are using artificial baits.)

Water temps have been a little warmer than usual for this time of year so that might have something to do with it but my guess is that there is still a ton of natural food in the system (aka....stocked rainbows). The few nice walleye we have been catching have been well-fed to say the least.

It has just been a weird Fall. We are not consistently moving fish......a hot day here and there and then crap for a day or two. It is a little harder to pattern things when only fishing on the weekends but some of my best areas have not shown us a fish in a month or so while other areas have been surprisingly active. Just weird and unpredictable I guess.

Trauts
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
We hit a few nice fish last weekend but none were muskies. My primary spots have not been producing so we have been hitting some "old" spots and moving some fish now and then. It sure has not been an "average" Fall (thus far) for my boat regarding muskies and has been horrible for big trout/walleye. (Keep in mind that we are using artificial baits.)

Water temps have been a little warmer than usual for this time of year so that might have something to do with it but my guess is that there is still a ton of natural food in the system (aka....stocked rainbows). The few nice walleye we have been catching have been well-fed to say the least.

It has just been a weird Fall. We are not consistently moving fish......a hot day here and there and then crap for a day or two. It is a little harder to pattern things when only fishing on the weekends but some of my best areas have not shown us a fish in a month or so while other areas have been surprisingly active. Just weird and unpredictable I guess.

Better get it figured out Red...you have 11 days...get to it! ;)

Red Childress
11-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Stu,

These fish are going to eventually drive me nuts. haha

I know for a fact the fish are there, they are just not moving when we are there. Not in panic mode yet but if things do not shape up when temps drop into the low-50's/upper-40's, then I will need professional help.

The funny thing is that most of the fish we have boated the past 6 weeks have been at boatside. The area where you hit your 51 has not shown a fish since mid-Sept. Puzzling.

JIM T
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Was up monday and tuesday , pretty cold in the am.also pretty much a bust.As usual we use artificals,seemed as if no fish were present. Did see a few guys catching small trout on minnows.Am going to try again next week,hope it's a hair warmer.

Red Childress
11-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I would like to be out there today.........just looks/feels fishy.

JIM T
11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
RED, gonna be up fishing next tues,wens,thurs. looks like weather might be bearable. what's your choice for muskie lure?

Red Childress
11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I would throw various sizes of rubber and see what happens. Many times the smaller stuff will work when they are not chasing 12+ inch stuff. I would also stay away from rainbow trout colors and give em something different.