PDA

View Full Version : My Personal Best

lowbidder
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I landed my personal best today after a very tough year of fishing. I just got a video camera yesterday and decided to mount it to the bow and see if I could get myself catching one. It happened to work out well today. I lost a nice one last Friday because of my hookset and I wanted to be able to watch myself set the hook to see if I could improve.
Here is the video I made and uploaded to YouTube. Y'all will be glad that I cut out the part with me taking a leak and the part where I was bent over pulling the fish out and my butt crack was exposed to the world.
You will see in the video I was snapping on a manta and something just made me stop and switch baits. She hit on the 9th cast.
I know most of you guys have all caught bigger ones, but this is my best to date and being such a bad year made it all that much better. I'm proud damnit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y6tPk55F4

ttabaleulb
10-29-2010, 08:05 PM
That is awesome all the way around man. Great video, great tune selection (I'm a fan and that song is quite fitting for this addiction), and a fantastic fish!! Congrats man. As usual, after seeing or reading about this stuff, I'm ready to jump in the boat right this second. Nice job!!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
10-29-2010, 08:49 PM
KICKASS! That is awesome plain and simple. I'm all fired up now!

lowbidder
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks.. I'm still fired up! Now I have to go all weekend without fishing though. I'll be sitting at "Curious George on Ice" tomorrow watching musky videos on my Phone.

SportJet120
10-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Awesome Job Mike !! Congrats on your personal best. I watched the video 3 times, can't wait to get back on the water. Thanks for sharing.

allegheny river kid
10-30-2010, 04:10 AM
The video is awesome!!! Its cool you got the whole thing on video!!! Great looking fall fattie too!!!! Congrats!

H2O wolf
10-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Congrats on the nice fish and very cool video! That's a nice fish for the yough.

RapRunR
10-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Very nice healthy fish and a great vid !! Good job !!

Anzomcik
10-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I once (several times) tried to video myself, they all were terrible. Well done on the video, and great catch!

Red Childress
10-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Your dues were finally rewarded. Congrats!!

That adds a little pressure on us for next weekend. :)

lowbidder
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
We're not on tour...the only pressure will be Barometric.

We pound the water efficiently, wear our lucky boxers and leave the rest up

to the fish <*((((((((((><

Tiller
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Nice fish Mike!! Hope that we can get more Muskies like this out of the Yough. Nice video.

Dave

Esoxman
11-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Very nice fish, and cool video. Thanks for sharing that. Just curious, what did you end up getting the fish on? I personally have a lot of confidence in the Manta when fishing rivers. What made you change your mind?

lowbidder
11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Just a gut reaction. I had already been through that spot 3 different times that day and wanted to try something completely different. I know the manta works well, but I've never caught a fish on it yet. When I'm uncertain I seem to fall back on a confidence bait.