PDA

View Full Version : Coming up this weekend

Capt. Chris
11-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Looking to come up this weekend. Need to winterize the trailer. Looks like Friday to Monday, could be longer if the fish are jumping!! I'll be in the green Sylvan Offshore 23' cuddy. More than happy to exchange info. I'll be on 68 on the radio. Sounds like things are picking up.

I'm guessing both the Yacht Club and Kipling still have piers in?

The Bait Shop Guy
11-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Docks are still in. You'll want to launch out of the harbor or Escanaba River with a rig that size.

Capt. Chris
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi Chris... thanks for the heads up!

Did something change over the last year or so at Kipling? I've launched it from there several times in the past, but it's been 2 years. It fits rather nicely in between the piers, and with a careful hand and the outdrive trimmed up motoring in and out wasn't a problem either.

We'll stop in on Friday afternoon on our way through. I'll strong arm my father-in-law to burn some coin!! lol.

RudyG
11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I launch my sylvan at the Kipling on occasion.. but its not easy alone.. kinda shallow..

Esky River launch had no lights on the other night.. lot or launch. Also there's the dead head just out from the middle launch that Chris W already mentioned. I was alone so marking it wasnt an option for me.

oh.. this was monday Eve.. 2 for 3 off black bottom in 30 fow trolling cranks 15-18 ft down. "purple demon and blueberry muffin" .. water temps about 49 degrees. Only fished about 1.5 hours

Capt. Chris
11-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Postponed indefinately! :(

Weather, weather, weather combined with my I/O's safety and towing, along with a shortend deadline resulting in only 1 day on the water, makes it a pretty long and expensive overnight trip.

Hoping later this week, but with the gun deer season coming fast and the honey do list getting long, I'm not very optomistic.

I guess it's just more ammo for some ice time from the wife!! :)

The Bait Shop Guy
11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Well that's almost a surefire way to guarantee that the fishing will be hot this weekend:D

Capt. Chris
11-05-2010, 06:19 PM
LOL... you probably got that right Chris!! lol

Course, if I'd of risked it all for a single day of fishing, I would have gotten the "should have been here yesterday!" speech! lol.

Come on ice!

DooFighter
11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Chris, not quite understanding your post...did you have trouble on the water? Or while towing up? Hope everything is ok.

RudyG
11-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Gary.. I think he's talking of the Safety of the I/O in freezing weather, and the chance of towing on slippery roads.

Capt. Chris
11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm fine, thanks for your concern Gary.

Rudy has it. My rig is 6000 lbs basically empty. I was already leary cause of the weather... both towing and the I/O freezing overnight at camp. I have a block heater, but the 1000' dirt drive at my place doesn't hold up too well in lots of rain. Getting it stuck back there, which has happened before with lighter trailers, would have been a disaster. The wheels came completely off when availability changed and what was once a 5 day trip became 3. The weather yesterday didn't look very pleasurable, which would have meant today would have been it. At 10-12 mpg, that's a lot of money and for 1 day of fun coming from Milwaukee.

So, I'd like to see some photos of fish caught today, tomorrow, and Monday as those were supposed to be fishing days!! lol

RudyG
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
If it makes you feewl any better Chris.. although the weather was a little bit warmer today.. 40's... the wind got over 15MPH this afternoon, out of the south, with gusts over 20. I spent the day with honey-do's, U of M football and catchin up on some rest. Hittin it in the AM

Capt. Chris
11-06-2010, 05:27 PM
well, may be a little...

Good luck tomorrow. Be sure to bring a canoe paddle with ya... I'm sure you'll need it to beat back the fish jumping in the boat! lol.

Fishoil
11-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Well that's almost a surefire way to guarantee that the fishing will be hot this weekend:D

You called that one right Chris. We went out after I talked to you this morning and fished until the wind came up about 1:00. Total catch for today was over 20 walleyes, although the biggest was only about 7.5 lbs. To top it off for you Captain Chris the past two days were just as good.:D

Capt. Chris
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, I can't stand it!! Weather looks beautiful, fishing seems to be ok, I'm coming up!! Just got a room at Sal-Mar... monday-thursday! See ya on the water tomorrow!