PDA

View Full Version : Updated Sucker Supply

Pete Stoltman
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Good news for guys who like to drag sausage (fish with suckers). The guys who do the trapping had a pretty good week and were able to supply their regular dealers. Can't speak for everyone but Musky Shop has a good stock of suckers mostly in that 14" - 18" range. Not too many mondos but a few snuck in their along with a handful of smaller ones. I heard a number of other dealers were also taking delivery. Still suggest calling ahead to check supplies at your favorite bait shop but looks like most guys will be able to set ya up.

Pete Stoltman
11-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Sucker supply still holding up and hearing of other shops in the area with stock. However, not looking as good in all areas. If you're headed for more remote areas you may not be as lucky. Pick them up where you can and transport to wherever you're headed. Fortunately the cold temps seem to be keeping suckers alive without too much effort. A decent sized cooler or something similar to keep them in should do the trick. If you are equipped with an aerator, so much the better.

Pete Stoltman
11-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks like the numbers of fishermen is dwindling a bit and making the supply of suckers a little bit better for those who are still hitting the water. Shouldn't be too much of a problem getting suckers for the time being although I've heard some bait shops just gave up and stopped ordering. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of expensive bait at the end of the season. Hope we don't have to update this thread any further but if you need help finding some, give me a shout and I'll try to help you out.