PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion 60" Fish (October)

Red Childress
11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
The pic says it all.....and caught while trolling.

http://www.fishinfo.com/fishing-articles/article_604.shtml

Red Childress
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I wonder if these guys were kinda forced to troll since there was a heck of a chop out there that day? (Only 1 rod per man in MN while trolling.)

Nevermind, I re-read the article and these guys sound like hardcore trollers.

Trauts
11-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Good Lord!!! What a monster fish!

The day is coming to put one of those in the net on your boat Red...I pick Sunday as the day! ;) Nice and early too...so I can get my nap in!

Red Childress
11-09-2010, 08:03 AM
The weather is looking promising (for a change) this weekend, Stu. Hopefully, the fish are in agreement.

As for the 60" Vermilion fish, that guy is already getting bashed for claiming it was that long.

Trauts
11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
The weather is looking promising (for a change) this weekend, Stu. Hopefully, the fish are in agreement.

As for the 60" Vermilion fish, that guy is already getting bashed for claiming it was that long.

I looked at my fish...I and while the scale is different...that fish is easily 60 inches...or mine was only about a 40...look at the length of the tail past the dorsal fin...that fish is HUGE.

The weather does look like Musky weather doesn't it??? I am praying for big fluffy flakes!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-10-2010, 10:08 PM
someone out there can't just be happy for the lucky man and has to say something negative, I've imagined catching one that big but I bet it doesn't even come close....

Trauts
11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
someone out there can't just be happy for the lucky man and has to say something negative, I've imagined catching one that big but I bet it doesn't even come close....

The funny thing is, I caught 3 of them just this week...of course I was asleep when I did it...and they (and the killer new jet boat I had) were gone when I woke up...but hey...a man can dream can't he?

And yes you are right the people that say negative things are just being jealous.

catchandrelease
11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
It must be nice fishing where there are fish.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I understand completely it's one of the many side effects of musky fever, I experience it as well. lol