PDA

View Full Version : Clip and Go Rig

Ray Perry
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Ty, just a quick question about the Clip and Go Rigs. When you set the hook with them are you setting as had as you would with a rubber band rig? Just seems like I've missed a few muskies with this rig. Went one for five this past weekend.

Or could it be that the rig I'm using is to big. Do you want the leader to be up tight against the sucker? Kind of like I am when dancing with the chicks in Hayward.

Thanks,
Ray

Ty Sennett
11-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't get to thinking too much about it. A lot of the fish lately have been tail grabbing suckers meaning they are not really hungry but the challenge is there so they half attempt a kill shot on the suckers. They have no intentions of really eating the sucker. Early in the fall the fish were grabbing and running fast with them and trying to eat them right away. You could feel the rod thumping right as soon as the muskie hit. We caught most of those. Lately the fish are grabbing and just sitting with it and when you pull the muskie up to get it to run it comes up easy and you can see it clearly has the sucker by the tail. You'll never catch those fish. That's the reason you get really good streaks going on sucker fishing and then it totally switches to where you miss a bunch in a row.

You're still the best angler in the midwest Ray. No questions asked!

DMBFID
12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Ray, my man, congrats on taking over the number one spot in the midwest! You know that means you finally overcame your arch rival in the midwest rankings... Bob M. I think a victory speech is in order! Ty, Ray, could you give me some tips for 2011 to crack the top 1000 in the midwest? :)

-Fidler