PDA

View Full Version : Nice perch

The Bait Shop Guy
11-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Launched out of Kipling this afternoon, and headed up towards the Days River. I was mainly looking for perch. Marked good numbers of fish right at the base of the drop-off, all along the sand point. Unfortunately, they were not in a biting mood, and I only caught one small perch. Headed south, just east of Butler's Island. Didn't mark much, so I moved to the south side of Saunder's Point. Marked fair numbers of fish well off the break in 32 to 36 FOW. Fished for a while, but only landed one 9 inch perch. Decided to move again and checked all along the breakline between Saunder's and the Gladstone harbor. Hardly marked anything, so decided to pack it in. I just got the boat up on plane when I remembered that all the fish I marked off of Saunder's were well off the breakline, in deeper water. I only went about 100 yards before I was over 35 FOW. Came off power and instantly started marking arch after arch on the graph. Well, just because they are there, doesn't mean they are going to bite! Ended up catching 2 small walleyes and a big 13 inch perch before it got dark. For those interested, water temps in the upper bay are still hovering around 44 degrees, and 46 degrees south of Gladstone.

Here's me ruining yet another perfectly good fish and sunset picture.

DooFighter
11-11-2010, 08:25 AM
You've definitely got those sunset pictures down! Nice.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-11-2010, 07:05 PM
You've definitely got those sunset pictures down!

Thanks, but not always. I only post the ones that turn out decent. Here's one I took a couple nights ago, but didn't post.

Same basic set up - had a nice sunset and a couple average perch and a eater walleye. Flopped the fish out on the deck, set the camera on the front seat, started the self timer, grabbed the fish, and ran to the back seat. That rocked the boat and the camera rolled on it's back. I ran back up to fix it, (with a fish in each hand,) but didn't make it in time. So here's me looking like a total idiot waving fish in the air with the clouds in the sky as a background.

P.S. thanks for dropping off that chunk of smoked salmon. Delicious as always!

DooFighter
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
LOL! Got a good chuckle out of that one, that's comical.

You're welcome!